Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
22 Dec 2011 23:14 #1300 by Thomas Hunziker
phpMyAdmin is a standalone application which has nothing to do with Joomla. It's the standard application for managing MySQL databases. Usually your hoster has that already set up for you to use.
For Joomla there are special components which can do similar things. I've linked one on page 3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 23:17 #1301 by Andrei Chernyshev
if you want to you can send me user name and password to grunt2001c@mail.ru and I'll see if i can do a quick look and see if i can spot the problem.

More
26 Jan 2012 16:38 - 26 Jan 2012 16:54 #1434 by Neil Zampella
I have found a glitch in the procedure to move from Joomla 1.5 and SermonSpeaker 3.4.3 to Joomla 2.5 and SermonSpeaker 4.3.

I've been using SS for a while now, and evidently the earlier versions had data items in the tables called "published" and "created_by"

I'm not sure when these data item names changed, but if you're copying data from the old 1.5 tables to the 2.5 tables by exporting the data to a .SQL file in PHPmyAdmin, you'll need to do a few things by editing the file in a text editor such as WordPad or xedit:

1. Remove the SQL statements creating the tables. They are not needed, and may cause issues if for some reason they're executed.

2. Change the table names from jos_xxxx to j17_xxxx (usually found if using JUpgrade) or whatever prefix your new Joomla 2.5 setup is using.

3. Change the reference for the data item from "published" to "state", and from "created_by" to "created".

Then import the file through the PHPmySqlAdmin import function. The import will then work properly, and you should be able to see the information.

Another issue is that if you're using JUpgrade to migrate to J2.5, it appears that it will not migrate the Sermon Speaker Categories to the new tables. You'll have to migrate those yourself, along with any other component that is not listed as being migrated by JUpgrade.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2012 16:54 by Neil Zampella.

More
26 Jan 2012 19:23 - 26 Jan 2012 19:24 #1435 by Thomas Hunziker
It's not a glitch, it's why you need to install SermonSpeaker 4.0 twice. The installation routine will apply those changes for you automatically when you follow the migration as told.
Some notes about your points:

1. When you export the data with PHPMyAdmin you can choose if it only exports the data or includes also the commands for creating the tables. It's recommended to also add the "drop table" command and keep the create commands, like Andrei explained in the first post of this thread. This way the already present tables get deleted and created from scratch. Maybe I add this notes to the migration guide.
  2. That's fully true, the prefixes need to match.
  3. That's not needed at all. The namechange will be done by SermonSpeaker on the next installation. Leave it as it is but delete the present tables before copying the old tables over.

I've had a look at JUpgrade and while it is a nice tool for sure, I didn't understood how I could write a plugin for it.

So to get a good migration follow this steps:
  1. Install SermonSpeaker 4.0 in your Joomla! 2.5
  2. Copy (or export/import) the old SermonSpeaker database tables (usually jos_sermon_sermons, jos_sermon_speakers, jos_sermon_series) from Joomla! 1.5 to the new database for Joomla! 2.5 using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool. Make sure to also include structure and the "drop table" commands and adjust the table prefix (jos) if needed.
  3. Install SermonSpeaker 4.0 again. This time it will detect the existing tables and apply the needed changes to it.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2012 19:24 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
26 Jan 2012 19:36 #1436 by Neil Zampella
Thanks Thomas ...

So, basically, you're saying to install 4.0, then drop the new tables which will have a new prefix, import the old tables, then reinstall 4.0.

OK .. we still lose the categories, but that can be entered by hand.

I'm testing this on a WAMPServer locally before I do anything to the live systems. I'll let you know how this turns out.

More
26 Jan 2012 20:00 #1437 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, install 4.0, replace the created tables with the old ones (but with the new prefix) and install 4.0 again.
And yes, the categories are lost. Since the categories changed a lot between Joomla 1.5 and 25 it's not really possible to migrate them.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds