Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
22 Dec 2011 18:43 - 22 Dec 2011 18:59 #1294 by Anna
Replied by Anna on topic Re: Migration from 3.4.3
I recreated my localhost and then downloaded a copy of my website. I used SermonSpeaker 4.2.1. After the first install of SermonSpeaker, I could see "Sin of Booze." I think that SermonSpeaker is using the j17_ files instead of the jos_ files on my local host. This confused me since the earlier post mentioned jos files. I renamed my old jos_ sermonspeaker tables to j17_:
j17_sermon_series.frm
j17_sermon_series.MYD
j17_sermon_series.MYI
j17_sermon_sermons.frm
j17_sermon_sermons.MYD
j17_sermon_sermons.MYI
j17_sermon_speakers.frm
j17_sermon_speakers.MYD
j17_sermon_speakers.MYI

I then copied these renamed files over the existing tables from sermonspeaker 4.2.1. The problem is that I am getting Error 500 now. I attached a picture of this error. I tried this process three times and I have gotten the Error 500 all three times. Any suggestions?

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Dec 2011 18:59 by Anna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 18:59 #1295 by Andrei Chernyshev
actually unless you used jUpgrade component the table prefix should be some random text. you can try using DBReplacer component to veryfy data in your tables.

More
22 Dec 2011 19:16 #1296 by Thomas Hunziker
Unfortunately I can't read the error message on the picture. But anyway, the prefix is taken from the Joomla settings. SermonSpeaker does all database access through Joomla.
"The Sin of Booze" sermon is the default one that SermonSpeaker creates on a clean install.

Can you write the exact steps you do? Should be
  1. Fresh install of SermonSpeaker 4.2.1 on Joomla 1.7
  2. Copy tables (xyz_sermon_sermons, xyz_sermon_series, xyz_sermon_speakers) from old Joomla 1.5 site to Joomla 1.7 site (with phpMyAdmin or similar)
  3. Install SermonSpeaker 4.2.1 again on Joomla 1.7

More
22 Dec 2011 22:25 #1297 by Anna
1. I used jUpgrade to upgrade from 1.5.23 to 1.7.3.
2. I went to Extensions to Extension Manager to Package File and uploaded and installed SermonSpeaker.
3. I went to my C drive to xampp to mysql to data to mysite. I copied my old tables to the mysite folder with the new j17_ files that SermonSpeaker created. When I realized that the new tables did overwrite the files, since they were named differently. I renamed the files.
4. I repeated step 2.
5. I received Error 500, when I go to the sermon section of my website. Everything else on the website works. The error starts by saying that j17_sermon_sermons is marked as crashed and should be repaired.

More
22 Dec 2011 22:45 #1298 by Thomas Hunziker
You should copy the tables (only the SermonSpeaker ones) with a database management tool like phpMyAdmin. I'm not sure what copying the actual database files does, it probably messes up more than it helps.
in phpMyAdmin you can export the tables as SQL file and then import it again in the new database. The SQL file is a plain text file, with the needed SQL commands. You can open it with a text editor to see how it's done ;)

More
22 Dec 2011 22:54 #1299 by Anna
I downloaded a zip file of phpMyAdmin 3.4.9. I went to the extension manager in Joomla, but Joomla gave me this error: "JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file" when I tried to install phpMyAdmin. Is there a better way to upload phpMyAdmin?

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds