Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
05 Aug 2013 10:33 #3740 by Thomas Hunziker
Apparently, the column "custom1" and probably also "custom2" is missing in your database. Those were added long ago, so it shouldn't be related to the migration.

You need to manually add them to your table. Use the following SQL commands in phpMyAdmin or similar tool:
Code:
ALTER TABLE #__sermon_sermons ADD `custom1` MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE #__sermon_sermons ADD `custom2` MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL;
Replace the #__ with your actual database prefix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Havens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2013 17:13 #3741 by Bill Havens
Replied by Bill Havens on topic Migration from 3.4.3
Thanks, It worked. I appreciate your expertise.

More
30 Aug 2013 11:09 - 30 Aug 2013 11:15 #3828 by William Osborn
Replied by William Osborn on topic Migration from 3.4.3
I am migrating from a 1.5 site to a 3.0 site ..I followed the instructions on migrating to 4.5.4 from 3.4.2, and it looks like the import/export of the tables was successful, since all of the teachers/series/sermons are visible in SermonSpeaker. However, when trying to assign a category to either a series or sermon (there were no categories assigned in the 3.4.2 tables), I get the following error:

Save failed with the following error: Unknown column 'modified' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `cx4wj_sermon_series` SET `series_title`='1János',`series_description`='',`state`='1',`ordering`='23',`hits`='586',`created_by`='71',`created`='2011-03-20 12:37:43',`catid`='26',`avatar`='',`alias`='1janos',`metakey`='',`metadesc`='',`home`='0',`checked_out`='83',`checked_out_time`='2013-08-30 09:05:41',`language`='*',`modified`='2013-08-30 09:05:58',`modified_by`='83' WHERE `id`='10091'

I also got a similar message on an attempt to save a sermon - Unknown column 'audiofilesize'

Thanks for all your help!
Last edit: 30 Aug 2013 11:15 by William Osborn. Reason: added text

More
30 Aug 2013 11:28 #3829 by Thomas Hunziker
First try to reinstall SermonSpeaker over the existing installation. Maybe it detects the old database now and applies the changes.

Have a look at the file migrate.sql in the sermonspeaker zip file. It contains a lot of SQL commands which should have been applied if the migration was succesful.
You can apply those manually using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool. You only need to adjust the "#__" part to the database prefix you have set for your Joomla.

More
04 Oct 2013 23:28 - 05 Oct 2013 01:10 #3918 by martin
Replied by martin on topic Migration from 3.4.3
ANSWER:- SOLVED!! - PUTTING together this question helped me solve it! The solution was 1. to create a copy of the database for the 1.5 version (not strictly necessary but he ho 2 is better than one.) then 2. delete the new j25 ss tables and copy the old ss tables to j25 tables and 3. re-install the ss4 zip file. Yes its all in this thread really but I needed to get my head around phpmyadmin - to understand it all - Many thanks

QUESTION:- Hi Have been over this thread a couple of times. But I still need a bit of advice

I'm working offline with xampp to upgrade from j1.5.26 ss 3.4.4 to j2.5 ss4.0

The j2.5 works fine.
But ss4.0 just finds the booze talk.

I know why but need a bit of help to fix.

All the sermons are preserved in images.. so thats fine
jupgrade seems to have created the 2.5 tables inside the original database used by 1.5 so I now have 1 massive database

So I think my j1.5 and j2.5 sites read the same database - (at least thats what it looks like to me)

so the old ss tables contain my talks the new ones just contain the booze talk.

I guess I need to copy the data from the old tables into the new ones. I dont just want to rename the old tables because I guess that then I wont be able to use them if I need to go back to my 1.5 site?

I appreciate this isnt a ss question but its more about phpmyadmin

Hang on.... Perhaps an easier way would be to copy the whole database so I have one for 1.5 site and one for the 2.5 site. I can then delete or rename the tables as necessary. In the long run perhaps this is the best solution as presumably I'll have to delete all the old 1.5 table anyways once I am happy with the upgrade? - if I go this route is it ok to just rename the 1.5 tables?

Very many thanks

Martin
www.stlens.org.uk
Last edit: 05 Oct 2013 01:10 by martin.

More
05 Oct 2013 10:17 #3919 by Thomas Hunziker

martin wrote: ANSWER:- SOLVED!! - PUTTING together this question helped me solve it! The solution was 1. to create a copy of the database for the 1.5 version (not strictly necessary but he ho 2 is better than one.) then 2. delete the new j25 ss tables and copy the old ss tables to j25 tables and 3. re-install the ss4 zip file. Yes its all in this thread really but I needed to get my head around phpmyadmin - to understand it all - Many thanks

Exactly :)

Working with the database tables can be a bit tricky, but it's good knowledge once you figured it out.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds