Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
28 May 2013 12:04 #3525 by William Osborn
Replied by William Osborn on topic Migration from 3.4.3
Hi Thomas - first of all , thanks for all the work on SermonSpeaker. :)

I followed your FAQ's for migrating our teachings from a 1.5 site to a test site in Joomla 3.1, and it looked like it was successful, because I can access the component in the admin console, and all the series and teachings appear to be there. (Category is "uncategorized" because we never used that before).
i
However, when I created a menu item to display a series list , it didnt show anything, and when I tried to display a single sermon (selecting from the list in the menu item ), I got a rather long error message which i have attached as a text file. The server itself is a new server running Nginx, and the webmaster and I have been ironing out permission bugs; I did get an error message when reinstalling SermonSpeaker 4.5.4 after importing the old tables, something about the tags file already being there, but the message disappeared in a hurry. I can give you admin access and phpmyadmin if u want to take a closer look.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2013 13:58 #3526 by Thomas Hunziker
Apparently, for some reason Joomla did not apply all needed database changes and a field is missing.
You can try to manually use the following SQL commands in phpMyAdmin to create them yourself:
Code:
ALTER TABLE #__sermon_sermons ADD `audiofilesize` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; ALTER TABLE #__sermon_sermons ADD `videofilesize` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Change the "#__" part to your database prefix.

If there are still issues after that, you can email me the access data to bakual@bakual.ch and I can have a look.

More
23 Jul 2013 20:44 #3702 by Kamal Abou Mikhael
Hello,

We are in a situation where the hosting company is doing the migration...
they say they've followed all the instructions for all of the options presented in the FAQ and the data is not surviving the migration.

They have told us to contact you regarding the problem.

Anything you could do would be highly appreciated. We have over 3 years of sermons to migrate.
We are willing to give access data.

More
23 Jul 2013 22:35 #3703 by Thomas Hunziker
You can email me your login data to bakual@bakual.ch.
I need access to the Joomla backend and the old and new database.

More
23 Jul 2013 22:44 #3706 by Andrei Chernyshev
I think even if import fails you can still export to either excel xls file or csv file that way would be able to jeryrig the insert SQL statement, or at very least manual entry. :whistle:

More
05 Aug 2013 00:52 #3736 by Bill Havens
Replied by Bill Havens on topic Migration from 3.4.3
Hello and thank you for you continued work on the plugin. we have been using it for a number of years and I needed to upgrade. I performed the update as recommended from Joomla 1.5.26 with Sermon Speaker 3.4.4 and migrated the tables. Following your install directions exactly I received the successful migration statement from the system when migrating to sermon speaker 4.0 in Joomla 2.5. I then updated all of the aliases and categories. I have tried looking into the php but this is where my knowledge falters. I cannot figure out the reasoning behind the Error 500 that I continue to get. I have read through pages of the forum but cannot find a good answer. Any input would be helpful.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds