Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
29 Dec 2012 09:54 #2833 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Warren

Which SermonSpeaker version do you have installed and how did you do the migration? Did you do it from SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 (or higher) to SermonSpeaker 4.0 (not higher!)?

The error messages about the folders are coming from the Joomla installer itself. I guess there is an old manifest file and Joomla tries to delete folders and files no longer present in the new manifest file. This shouldn't happen if you followed the migration procedure I wrote in the FAQs ( www.sermonspeaker.net/faq.html )

The same applies to the SQL messages. If you have installed SermonSpeaker 4.0, you should have the columns "sermon_path" present in your sermons table. For some reason this is not the case. The column was changed to "audiofile" with SermonSpeaker 4.1 were also the second column "videofile" was added.
So it looks like you have some newer database than what your installed SermonSpeaker release is.

This could happen if you installed a newer version once, and then went back to an older one. Downgrading extensions is not supported by Joomla and will most likely result in such strange errors.

I would suggest you start your SermonSpeaker migration from scratch, it's probably easier than fixing all errors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2013 21:19 #3484 by Tony Comegys
Replied by Tony Comegys on topic Migration from 3.4.3
Hi Tom,

I've been unable to migrate using JUpgrade, which I'm guessing has something to do with the old site being on GoDaddy.

I tried to do it manually and have gotten very close. At this point, 12th try, I only get a blank screen in frontend and admin.

It could be that I'm now blind the answer having looked so long.

So, I'm trying to from J1.5 and SS3.4.4 to to J3.0 and SS4.0 but do so manually.

I installed 4.0, copied the three database dumps from the old ite, then reinstalled SS4.0.

Help please :)

More
21 May 2013 21:25 #3485 by Andrei Chernyshev
I'd try to avoid using JUpgrade at all costs. It might migrate tables, but will mess some SQL up. In one of the sites I help manage; it mangled the code up, causing server reboots, in the end we had to migrate the sermon-speaker tables manually using export/import feature in cpanel, add categories and articles manually.

More
21 May 2013 21:51 #3486 by Thomas Hunziker
If you migrate to Joomla 3.x, you should use SermonSpeaker 4.5.4 for the migration as explained in the FAQ. SermonSpeaker 4.0 will not work together with Joomla 3.x.

Blanks screens usually mean there was a server error. The server (apache) error log would tell you more.

More
22 May 2013 19:31 #3489 by Tony Comegys
Replied by Tony Comegys on topic Migration from 3.4.3
Yeah, I understand the versions but I was reaching for straws. I'm back to the correct versions now.

I'm sure whatever I'm doing is probably pretty simple. However, the one thing I'm not clear on, which has been mentioned a few times, is the prefixes in the 3 SQL files. I simply opened them in WordPad and did a find and replace, replacing jos_ from the old Joomla installation to the 3.0 version, which uses a random prefix, xxxxx_.

I then tried to import those files on top of the now existing tables and nothing happens, the tables are empty in phpmyadmin.

Also, could me uninstalling then reinstalling SS in the J3.0 cause any issues?

More
22 May 2013 19:45 - 22 May 2013 19:45 #3491 by Thomas Hunziker
It sounds like you did it right with the prefixes. Usually phpMyAdmin should give you a message if it worked and if not, why it failed. This message could be interesting.

Uninstalling and reinstalling SermonSpeaker should not cause any issues, besides that it could screw up the update mechanism a bit. But in this case, you should be safe.

If you don't get it to work, you can email me (bakual@bakual.ch) the credentials to your Joomla backend (admin access) and phpMyAdmin and I can give it a try.
Last edit: 22 May 2013 19:45 by Thomas Hunziker.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds