Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Getting sermons to play AND be downloadable

More
28 Aug 2011 08:36 #972 by Thomas Hunziker
There was a small bug in 4.1 with the sermon date field. I've changed the database field from DATE to DATETIME, but it only made this change if you upgraded from 4.0, not if you installed 4.1 directly.
You could apply this SQL command in phpMyAdmin or similar or wait for SermonSpeaker 4.2 which will probably fix it.
Code:
ALTER TABLE jos_sermon_sermons CHANGE `sermon_date` `sermon_date` DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00';
Replaces the "jos_" prefix with the one you use in your installation.

After that it should save the date and time you enter for the sermon date and properly sort after this (if you selected to sort after date).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Aug 2011 04:12 #983 by stephen
I actually decided to make Series for the three types of media but another bug that could happening is when i go to series drop down menu for the sermon item i did create series before and it shows 2 Worship series but i only have 2 series listed in the series manager which i am sure i did that a few times trying to figure out the series feature also there are 3 messages why did this happen.

More
29 Aug 2011 08:23 #988 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, the series dropdown list will show any series you've created in the series manager. It will not take into account the state of the series. Maybe this is the problem. If you "trash" a series, it will just change it's state and it will still show in the list. To get rid of your trashed series, you have to clear your trash can :-)

I agree that this could be improved.

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Aug 2011 17:40 #991 by stephen
My last and final question is for the series list what column do i need to enable to put quick instruction to click the link so that those who aren't computer savvy know that's how you get into the series to see the sermons list. Also i found that for the series list description is not enabled is that a bug?

More
29 Aug 2011 18:09 #992 by Thomas Hunziker
There is no column for "quick instructions". But you can show instructions with a custom module in Joomla. Like I do with the legal info on www.sermonspeaker.net/sermonspeaker-demo/listings/sermons.html

But then it should be quite obvious that you can click on the title of a series to see the details of this series, not?

The series description is disabled by design. How would you display a description which can be as much text as you like in a table? If you show this, it would break the table for sure.

If you have an idea for a better presentation of the series, feel free to tell me. I could easily add more layouts like I do already for the sermon detailpage. My problem is more that I suck at design :-)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds