Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Getting sermons to play AND be downloadable

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2011 04:20 #892 by stephen
I am using 4.1 pkg file and i have enabled all modules and plugins and changed the directory to one that already has files what happens though is the player is not working at all I am on joomla 1.7 the file is above 20M so before the files will play do i need to change the php.ini file? I am also having an issue when i click download says error encountered when accessing database.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2011 08:27 #893 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you have an accessible URL where I could have a look?

Also maybe try to reinstall the component (or the package) again over the existing installation. Maybe something went wrong the first time.

PHP settings should play a role in this case. The file is loaded by the flash player, which runs on the users machine.

The message about the database means that the database query failed for some reason. This probably means that something during install went wrong.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2011 21:57 #894 by stephen
southsidealliance.org/archive. The only thing i changed was the directory for the videos. My videos are all above 20MB should I try one that's within the range of the php.ini settings? Please let me know.

More
18 Aug 2011 22:44 #895 by Thomas Hunziker
To have the player showing, you probably need to enable it in the settings. There is a tab "columns" which allows you to set any info you want to show on any views. Check the player there and this probably will fix the player thing.

The download is a bit more complex. One thing is that it only offers a download for audiofiles so far. this explains why the database query failed. It's basically a bug I have to fix. (Thanks for reminding me *g*).
The other thing is indeed that it may break if the file is not withing the range of the PHP settings. But I already got a fix from another user which should take care of this.

For now I would disable the download button, but enable the player.
SermonSpeaker 4.2 should come out *soon* and will hopefully have this improved.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Aug 2011 23:27 #896 by stephen
Ok got the player figured out but now what i end up having to do is click the full screen button to see the video rather than it start out playing at a smaller size and then if the user wants to play it full screen they can. What i'm seeing is this i see the sermon i created's name in the jwplayer list but in order to see the video i have to click full screen is this something that would have to be fixed as well?

More
19 Aug 2011 07:55 #897 by Thomas Hunziker
Between SermonSpeaker 4.1 and 4.2 I improved the whole video thing a lot, and I still find issues from time to time. So yes, it should run much better.
If you want you can try out the attached nightly build of SermonSpeaker 4.2beta. It should run reliable, but as with any nightly builds it can have bugs in it. But then I always can use testers :-)

It will install as SermonSpeaker 4.1 but is SermonSpeaker 4.2beta.

Attachment not found

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds