Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Getting sermons to play AND be downloadable

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Aug 2011 20:48 #911 by stephen
OK i figured the playlist part out now there's 2 other things is there an option to turn the hyperlink off so it doesn't go into where it asks for sermon download and just shows the playlist item and the play button that controls the player. Also my other question is there's no way to display the categories on the sermon's list on the front end correct and then u can drop down to see all videos or audio files in that category?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2011 21:22 #912 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm not sure I understand the part with hyperlink and sermon download. Where do you get this link?
Categories are a bit of a special case in SermonSpeaker. They're thought to be an additional way to filter the sermons. Eg you have a category "morning services" and one "youth service". Then you could create a menu link for each of those and only show the related sermons.

But if you don't really use the series part, you can also use this one which will achieve the same, but better. You can rename each output in the language files, so you could rename "series" to something more fitting if you wish.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Aug 2011 21:40 #913 by stephen
It was the title link i had to change the global to something else so it would just control the player when they click on that. When I click the title link it went to the page where you would download the sermon. So i switched it so it would start the player instead of going to that page. Also when I tried to do 2 seperate series all it did was bring the sermon up in the list but not play it but i noticed on columns it doesn't allow you to choose player as one of your columns only in the sermon list but i think for now this will be fine.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Aug 2011 22:33 #914 by stephen
OK i only have one more thing when i try and make the player smaller in the player tab it doesn't take effect if you go to lwcworship.org/sermons/archive this is an auto tag using AvReloaded but i was able to set the size of the player. When i change that and save it my existing items do not change do i have to do a new sermon for the player size to take effect?

More
20 Aug 2011 22:56 #915 by Thomas Hunziker
The strange page with the download link is the sermon detailpage. It allows to show all sort of info, including the player. You just don't have anything enabled yet (in the columns tab). It could look like this:
www.sermonspeaker.net/sermonspeaker-demo...tended-new-line.html

The player can be show on any page where there is a list of sermons, and of course on the single sermon (detailpage).

The size of the video player is set in the SermonSpeaker settings. What you set there will be what appears everytime the player is shown. Of course additional CSS formattings apply, those have to be changed in your sites template to take effect.

If you want to achieve the same layout as in the page you linked, then this is only possible if you edit the layoutfile itself. But I'm not quite sure yet what you try to do.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2011 21:51 - 21 Aug 2011 22:13 #918 by stephen
I am good with the detail page now what's happening when i do the preview images for the flash player is if i use the jooomla media manager then save after i select it does this /images/pictures_folder//images/pictures_folder/jpgfile why is this doing this. I keep having to take it out of the image url using the joomla media manager. If you can when you finalize the build make it so you can select the pic like you can the video file.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2011 22:13 by stephen.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds