Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Getting sermons to play AND be downloadable

More
22 Aug 2011 08:33 #929 by Thomas Hunziker
Also the JWPlayer #2032 error apparently points to a problem on the computer or connection to the file. You may want to google a bit for this, it seems not directly related to SermonSpeaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Aug 2011 02:19 #947 by stephen
Figured that out can you tell me how I order the files easily if i end up adding something and don't want it to be last how do i get the order in between because it is my understanding that if i put something in the number field i have to manually do it correctly and I really don't want to do that any easier way when using the ordering field?

More
25 Aug 2011 08:40 #949 by Thomas Hunziker
The default order for the listings can be set in the settings. You can order it by title, date or ordering, each ascending or descending.
The sermon number field isn't used for the ordering at all.

The ordering numbers can be changed if you sort the list in the backend after this column, then you can use the arrows and/or directly input numbers and save it afterwards.

Hope that helps.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Aug 2011 16:16 #952 by stephen
Ok i see where the ordering settings are now if i do it by date the time doesn't matter if it's way off it will order by date on both the front end and back end correct?

More
25 Aug 2011 17:15 #954 by Thomas Hunziker
The time field is the duration of the sermon, not the time when it's held.

The backend is sorted by title I believe. This is the dfault ordering for core Joomla components as far as I saw. But I changed it for the upcoming SermonSpeaker 4.2. In future it will be sorted by date descending by default. I think this will be better for us.

• stephen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Aug 2011 01:17 #969 by stephen
Hello Tom, I would like you to go to southsidealliance.org/archive if you notice the first three sermons are setup exactly how i want them Worship Speaker Speaker-mp3. Now i put dates on all of them but this is what i'm wondering if the sorting by date goes by this 2011-08-27 or this which is what shows after i save the playlist item 2011-08-27 00:00:00 and takes that into account. I want every entry in my sermons to have that order it's OK in the backend if i move the items order around but not on the front end. Any ideas on how i can set this up better?

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds