Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Alignment

More
04 Mar 2011 06:41 #319 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Alignment
iTunes probably calculates the difference between the timezone in the feed (UTC now since you had to change it due to the other bug) and your local time settings.
The problem always is that we only store the date, not the time of the sermon.
Maybe we can change this behaviour and store the whole date/time, but it would still calculate the difference. It would just not change the date so fast because usually the sermon isn't held at midnight :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2011 13:12 #320 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Re: Alignment
I've used rerepkacer component in 3.4.3 to set time as 10:00 instead of 00:00 and it works, not sure about 4.0 thought

More
04 Mar 2011 14:35 #321 by Thomas Hunziker
Should work in 4.0 as well. As long as ReReplacer works with J1.6.

I've changed the database field to DATETIME for SermonSpeaker 4.1. It will then allow you to set a time for the sermon, if you like.
Also the datebug is fixed internally, and the category is now shown in the title.

I just don't know yet when I release SermonSpeaker 4.1. It will take some time since I want to implement some new ideas as well.

More
04 Mar 2011 15:29 - 04 Mar 2011 16:07 #322 by Haig Darakjian
Replied by Haig Darakjian on topic Re: Alignment
Ok, great. But if we store a time, we won't have to actually show the time on the website right?

Why does it say 4PM? Can't I change that before 4.1 comes out? And if I permanently set them all to like 11:59 or something, would it fix the date problem?

Interestingly, one sermon, "The Basis of Our Encouragement" says 5 PM instead of 4PM unlike all the others, but the date is still wrong. Is that a clue?
Last edit: 04 Mar 2011 16:07 by Haig Darakjian.

More
04 Mar 2011 17:03 #323 by Thomas Hunziker

Haig Darakjian wrote: Ok, great. But if we store a time, we won't have to actually show the time on the website right?

Why does it say 4PM? Can't I change that before 4.1 comes out? And if I permanently set them all to like 11:59 or something, would it fix the date problem?

Interestingly, one sermon, "The Basis of Our Encouragement" says 5 PM instead of 4PM unlike all the others, but the date is still wrong. Is that a clue?

You don't have to show the time, but you could if you like. It depends on the same dateformat settings which are already present.
The time will however be visible in the feed, as it would not be a valid feed otherwise :)

With SermonSpeaker 4.0 and all previous versions, there is no easy way to fix it. We don't store a time yet so there is nothing we could change to fix it.

As said, the problem is more that the various clients calculate the timedifference, and if this difference is negative we get this effect. The right way would be to provide the time and the correct timezone. Then those clients will show the correct time for the user. But setting the correct timzeone fails because of the current date bug in SermonSpeaker and the correct time fails because we can't store it yet.

More
04 Mar 2011 17:25 #324 by Haig Darakjian
Replied by Haig Darakjian on topic Re: Alignment
Ok, I understand now. It's not the end of the world if it's one day off for now.

One other thought, some readers, like Google reader, for instance, are listing the sermons by the date I posted the sermons than the actual date of the sermon (while outlook and itunes sort by the actual date of the sermon).

Is there any way to make it so that every feed reader sorts it by sermon date?

Thanks for all your help!

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds