Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Alignment

More
26 Feb 2011 21:29 #301 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Alignment
Thanks for testing. It will be fixed with the next release then ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2011 07:51 - 28 Feb 2011 07:52 #302 by Haig Darakjian
Replied by Haig Darakjian on topic Re: Alignment
I'm having another date problem. Whatever date I input for a sermon, it actually shows up as the day before. I inputed 2011/1/4 for one sermon date, but everywhere, it says 2011/1/3 instead. How can I fix that?
Last edit: 28 Feb 2011 07:52 by Haig Darakjian.

More
28 Feb 2011 10:16 #303 by Thomas Hunziker
It's probably the exact same problem, just in a different location then.

The easiest solution probably is to just switch the default timezone for users and server to UTC.
Or you have to change every instance (both in front and backend) of JHTML::Date(....) to have the third parameter 'UTC' included.

I'll do this for the next release, but for you it's probably easier to just change the timezone for now.

Unfortunately I didn't see this bug myself because my timezone is UTC +1 and this doesn't produce an error then.

More
28 Feb 2011 19:54 #305 by Haig Darakjian
Oh, good. Changing the default time zone to UTC worked. Another question: in the "all sermons" view, how can I make it so that the most recent sermon by date is at the top by default?

More
28 Feb 2011 20:16 #307 by Thomas Hunziker
By default it's sorting after the ascending ordering set in the backend.
The order column is a new feature in SermonSpeaker and maybe has to be improved. You're welcome to provide feedback on how you expect it to work or how it could be improved.

The default ordering is set in the model in /components/com_sermonspeaker/models/sermons.php around line #118 where it says:
Code:
$orderCol = JRequest::getCmd('filter_order', 'ordering'); $this->setState('list.ordering', $orderCol); $listOrder = JRequest::getCmd('filter_order_Dir', 'ASC'); $this->setState('list.direction', $listOrder);

One could change in the first line from 'ordering' to 'sermons.sermon_date' and in the third line 'ASC' to 'DESC'.

More
02 Mar 2011 21:11 #312 by Haig Darakjian
Cool, thanks. I think the best default view is with the most recent sermons at the top.

Another question. Is there a way to display the sermon category in the "Archive" view?

Haig

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds