Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Adding YouTube Videos and Audio

More
17 Aug 2020 17:20 #7717 by Tim Baker
Its new and all of the older ones. The videos and audio files that were working are no longer working and any new ones added are also not working.

I started adding new ones on Thursday and thats when I noticed it. richlandhillsbc.com/that-you-may-know the July 5th one is the one I added.

There has been no update to Sermon Speaker. We are still using the same version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2020 19:48 #7718 by Thomas Hunziker
I tried the Youtube video you linked there on my testing site and it worked fine.
My only guess is that you downgraded either SermonSpeaker or the player plugin from the development release to the latest official release, which reverted the changes I did for you.

You may want to install the attached versions of both the component and the plugin over your existing installation to get the latest bugfixes.

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_sermon...8-17.zip
File Size:1,091 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...8-17.zip
File Size:3,459 KB
Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2020 20:48 #7719 by Tim Baker
Installing those files fixed the issue.

I am not in charge of updates and the person who is promised that they did not update Sermon Speaker.

Either way it is fixed now. Thank you for your help with this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Hunziker

More
15 Sep 2020 16:15 #7731 by Tim Baker
Hey there again.

The videos on www.richlandhillsbc.com have stopped working again.

The audio does work. The videos do not. They were working last Tuesday when I added a new video.

I reinstalled the versions of the component and plugin that you sent the last time and that did not fix it. www.richlandhillsbc.com/that-you-may-know

Can you please take a look and let me know?

More
15 Sep 2020 17:56 #7732 by Thomas Hunziker
The video from 2020-09-13 does work fine for me, both in the popup player and the detailpage.
Do you have issues on a particular device or browser?

More
15 Sep 2020 18:11 #7733 by Tim Baker
I am on my desktop using Google Chrome. It is working in FireFox and Microsoft Edge. Its not a popup issue because the video pops up but never shows the video. This is also the case on the details page. Just a black blank box with a play button that does not play. I checked and my Chrome is up to date.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds