Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Adding YouTube videos to SS

More
28 Mar 2020 21:56 #7584 by Ian Shere

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2020 11:47 #7587 by Thomas Hunziker
Please check the sermon form. For some reason SermonSpeaker builds the link like this: www.covenantsuncitywest.org/%20https://youtu.be/dGZznvp7Pjo

My guess would be there is a space before the Youtube URL and thus it doesn't detect it as an absolute URL.

More
30 Mar 2020 18:42 #7588 by Ian Shere
Yes there was a space in front of the URL. However, removing it did not resolve the issue. Error message is still there and the video still is not showing up.

www.covenantsuncitywest.org/sermons/sermons

More
30 Mar 2020 19:32 #7589 by Thomas Hunziker
The URL looks now fine. You may want to check the "Sermons" menu item now and see if there is a filter set (under "Advanced" -> "Type Filter".
Also make sure you don't have a page cache active. Delete any cached pages to be sure you don't see an old page.

If all doesn't work, you may want to test with a different player (eg Mediaelement) or use the full Youtube URL ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGZznvp7Pjo ) instead of the shortened one ( youtu.be/dGZznvp7Pjo )

More
30 Mar 2020 19:43 - 30 Mar 2020 19:44 #7590 by Ian Shere
No filters. Changed URL to full YT one. Cleared cache and tried a different browser. Also tried in Incognito mode. Still showing the error and no video showing.

I downloaded Mediaelement, but don't know how I install it.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2020 19:44 by Ian Shere.

More
30 Mar 2020 20:17 #7591 by Thomas Hunziker
You download the package from here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-me...iaelement-1-0-1.html

Then install it like any other Joomla extension

Then go to the Joomla Plugin Manager and enable the "SermonSpeaker - MediaElement.js" plugin and disable all other plugins of type "sermonspeaker".

In the SermonSpeaker options -> "Player" tab, make sure the parameter "Player" is set to "- Use Plugin -".

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds