Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Adding YouTube videos to SS

More
30 Mar 2020 20:25 #7592 by Ian Shere
Perfect thanks! My problem was I downloaded the standalone player not the plugin! :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2020 20:49 #7593 by Ian Shere
Alas... it did not fix the issue, in fact, it created another one instead.

Clicking the player on the home page - www.covenantsuncitywest.org/ - (this is the Latest sermons module), loads something to 0.04 seconds then does nothing. Going to the sermons page is even more bizarre - www.covenantsuncitywest.org/sermons . Clicking the player there seems to cycle through loading 4 different sermons and finally plays one from December.

More
30 Mar 2020 20:58 #7594 by Ian Shere
OK so fixed things partially. Set Video as priority and that played the first video sermon I entered last week, but skipped the one I'd just entered. Gave up on the latest sermon module and just set it to a link to the sermon.

More
30 Mar 2020 21:11 #7595 by Thomas Hunziker
If you have video and audio mixed, then it will indeed become tricky. The player is either in "video" mode or in "audio" mode. Usually it should fall back to the other file source (eg if no audiofile is found, it tries with video).
But this may not work together with Youtube since that one is basically an own player that just gets included.

It will work fine on the detail pages, but not on a list page.

More
07 May 2020 12:20 #7619 by Steffen Werner
Hi Thomas,
I nearly have the same issue. Because of streaming sermons I also need to include YouTube videos. I used the information of this thread and setup SS. the player only shows 4 sec and then stopps. using the download-button will start the video in a new tab.

Regards from Germany
Steffen

" ... wir wollen mit Jesus himmlische Zustände auf der Erde ausbreiten!
... with Jesus we want to establish heavenly conditions here on earth! "

More
07 May 2020 15:00 #7620 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you give me the link to your page so I can have a look?
Best use the contact form (Schreib ruhig auf deutsch, geht dann einfacher *g*)

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds