Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Adding YouTube videos to SS

More
28 Mar 2020 20:31 #7578 by Ian Shere
How do I add YouTube videos? With all the craziness over COVID-19, churches are doign online broadcasts. One of my churches wants to add to their YT channel, but I don't see how to add each video to SS. I see links for Vimeo and Amazon S3, but no YT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2020 20:36 #7579 by Thomas Hunziker
You can just put the Youtube URL (eg www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcdefgh ) into the "Videofile" field in the sermon form.
To play it you need a player which supports Youtube, that's mainly "YW Player" or "Mediaelement".
If you set up the Google Picker, you can use that to select the video you want.

More
28 Mar 2020 20:52 #7580 by Ian Shere
Thanks for the quick reply Thomas.

OK, so I added the sermon, but, on the frontend, I see...

Warning
This filename is not safe to use in an URL: youtu.be/dGZznvp7Pjo

You mention YW Player - is that a typo? Should it be JW Player? I have JW Player 6 set as the default player.

More
28 Mar 2020 21:14 #7581 by Thomas Hunziker
Aje, should be JW Player.

You can ignore the filename warning. I'm quite sure the Youtube links work in an URL :)

More
28 Mar 2020 21:37 #7582 by Ian Shere
OK thanks. However.... :-)

Now I have an issue with Latest Sermon module - I get this warning now, with no link, play button, etc.

Error loading player:
No playable sources found

When I go to the main page of the component (front end) the player "module" above the list is empty.

More
28 Mar 2020 21:45 #7583 by Thomas Hunziker
That message means that for whatever reason the player in that module doesn't find a file it can play.
It may be that the module is set to play only audio files, but the sermon has only a video file.
If you can provide the URL of your site, I could have a look and maybe tell you more.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds