Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrade from 3.4.3 on J! 1.5 to 4.5.3 on new J!3

More
17 Apr 2013 17:54 #3389 by Thomas Hunziker
The FAQ says you can upgrade to either SermonSpeaker 4.0 or 4.5.0. Use other versions on your own risk. It's even written in bold. If you're using Joomla 3.0, use SermonSpeaker 4.5.0 as it is written. To be clear: Don't use SermonSpeaker 4.0 and don't use 4.5.1, 4.5.2 or 4.5.3.

So the first question is: to which version did you try to update the first time?

As a further note: If your first try failed, you can't just install another version. As a start Joomla doesn't support downgrading an extension. Only upgrades are supported. Secondly SermonSpeaker only tries to migrate the data if it detects old tables during installation.

So that means if your migration failed for some reason, you have to start over from the very beginning. Uninstall everything related to SermonSpeaker, drop the database tables and start fresh again.

So second question: Did you really follow the step by steps provided?

Also the error you posted isn't the error message. It's the SQL which probably caused the error, but the error itself is missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2013 18:35 #3390 by Jason
I understand about not downgrading, etc. so I've been uninstalling and ensuring the tables were gone between each attempt.

The FAQ says to use 4.5.0, but when I went to the download page, the closest I saw was 4.5.3. Based on your message, I went back and found where the other versions were kept and have since downloaded 4.5.0 and tried a fresh install:

1. Uninstalled previous version and made sure tables were not there anymore via phpmyadmin.
2. Installed sermonspeaker 4.5.0
3. Imported old 3.4.3 sql (I'll try to attach to this message). I changed the table prefixes to match the new db, and verified the data showed up.
4. Re-installed 4.5.0 again
Same error message. That SQL I posted earlier shows up again - there's no actual error message. It just says "An error has occurred." and shows that SQL.

More
17 Apr 2013 19:05 #3393 by Thomas Hunziker
Trying to reproduce it with your data on my test server.

I have deleted your link to the SQL files. Not everyone needs access to those :)

More
17 Apr 2013 19:35 #3394 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for your informations. I found the issue now.
Joomla 3.0 did remove a database function I used to check the existance of a field. Somehow this slipped through my radar.

Can you try with the attached version?

File Attachment:

File Name: sermonspea...4-17.zip
File Size:3,110 KB

I will release a new fixed version within the next days.
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2013 20:08 #3395 by Jason
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thanks for checking it out. The Backend sees all the sermons, series, etc now!

However (unfortunately), when I create a menu to show the sermon list, I get a 500 error. When I try to show a single series, I get the series image, but no sermons. And when i try to show a single sermon (latest sermon), I get a template error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method RuntimeException::get() in /home/ffunky/public_html/fs3/templates/lighthouse_j3/error.php on line 20

I opened up the latest sermon in the back end to see if anything was missing. It looked ok, but when I saved and closed, it gave me an error (sorry for long paste:)
Warning: Spoiler!

I ran the "find orphans" tool, and it found 2 old sermon files not linked to actual published sermons, so it seems that the data folders are set correctly.

Sorry to be a pain on this, I do appreciate what you do!

-Jason

More
17 Apr 2013 20:49 #3396 by Thomas Hunziker
When doing the migration, make sure you have deleted all database tables related to SermonSpeaker. There are more than only the three you know from SermonSpeaker 3.4.3. Look for those starting with #__sermon...

Also update to 4.5.3 first before trying any further. There may be fixed bugs in between :-)

Also make sure you have assigned a category to each series, sermons and speakers. That's a thing which causes errors often as well. Categories need to be rebuilt because between Joomla 1.5 and 1.6 the categories changed fundamentally. You can use the batch function to assign the category.

In your case, you need to set an alias first as you miss them on many items. You can do so by opening each sermon and resave it. The alias will then be created automatically based on the title. Or you can run an SQL command in phpMyAdmin which does a similar thing for the sermons table:
Code:
UPDATE `#__sermon_sermons` SET `alias`= LOWER(REPLACE(`sermon_title`, ' ', '-')) WHERE `alias` = ''

Of course adjust table name. The same could be done for the series and speaker table, just adjust the title field and table name.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds