Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrade from 3.4.3 on J! 1.5 to 4.5.3 on new J!3

More
17 Apr 2013 02:02 #3379 by Jason
Hi guys,

I know that there's a huge thread on upgrading, but all the info seems to be so spread out and convoluted. Is there a set of steps I can use to migrate? Both installations are on the same server, just in different folders. I did a backup of the tables on the old install, but couldn't get the new install to see the data.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

-Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2013 11:29 #3383 by Thomas Hunziker
You know there is a FAQ ( www.sermonspeaker.net/faq.html ) item with step by step instructions?

More
17 Apr 2013 15:19 #3385 by Jason
I thought I looked there, but must have missed it. Thanks for pointing that out to me! Sorry I missed the obvious. ;)

More
17 Apr 2013 16:10 #3386 by Thomas Hunziker

More
17 Apr 2013 17:10 #3387 by Jason
OK - so I followed the instructions, and it failed with sql errors when trying to pull up the sermons, then I read on the forum that I should only try the migration to 4.0, then update the 4.0 installation. The problem now is that I can't install 4.0 on Joomla 3. It gives me the following:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JController::getInstance() in /home/ffunky/public_html/fs3/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker.php on line 19

Any further suggestions? I love your sermonspeaker package and have been using it for a long time. I'd hate to have to re-insert all the sermons. :huh:

More
17 Apr 2013 17:12 #3388 by Jason
As a followup - here's the sql errors when I try to migrate to the 4.5.3 version:

SQL=SELECT speakers.id As value,CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(c_speakers.title) THEN CONCAT(speakers.name, " (", c_speakers.title, ")") ELSE speakers.name END AS text FROM gtfm2_sermon_speakers AS speakers LEFT JOIN gtfm2_categories AS c_speakers ON c_speakers.id = speakers.catid WHERE speakers.state = 1 ORDER BY speakers.name

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds