Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

No data within sermon file

More
18 Mar 2013 00:03 #3254 by Elijah Werner
Hello again!

I'm afraid simple is a relative term with me... :lol:

I tried using the update manager in Joomla and got a great big error message. Next, I came back here and downloaded the Zip file for the latest version of SermonSpeaker. Then I went back to the manager and tried to upload the file directly. I ended up with an error message as follows:

Warning: Failed to move file!
JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to create destination

I'm pretty sure this file is within our allowable limits in terms of size. Do I need to extract the zip and then upload individual components of it?

Thanks again for your help and patience!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2013 08:12 #3255 by Thomas Hunziker
Did you manage to solve the warning about the PHP temp directory? Because I think that is related.
It probably is that PHP can't upload the file for any reason (write permissions, directory settings (upload_tmp_dir), PHP settings like upload_max_filesize, max_execution_time, max_input_time, post_max_size, upload_max_filesize)

You could also upload the zipfile to the server using FTP and then use the "Install from Directory" function within the Joomla extension manager. This way you can bypass the uploading part. You don't have to extract anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds