Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SOLVED: 500 Error after update

More
06 Sep 2012 00:07 #2505 by MyJC
Replied by MyJC on topic 500 Error after update
... also please note that the backend works flawlessly - if that's any clue at all.

Thank you very much for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2012 08:10 #2506 by Thomas Hunziker
The SermonSpeaker version should be visible in the Joomla extension manager (components).

If you still have the old installation, then it's the easiest way to just upgrade it and copy the tables again (and install SermonSpeaker 4.0 again).
Otherwise I would have to track down all changes to the database between your version and 3.4.3.

The backend in SermonSpeaker 4.0 may work because this doesn't need the metakey data.

More
06 Sep 2012 14:53 #2507 by MyJC
Replied by MyJC on topic 500 Error after update
First - thank you very much for your continued help with this - it is very much appreciated.

What I did: 1. I went back to the old instance of the site and found that the Sermon Speaker was indeed on 3.4.1. So I upgraded to 3.4.2 and then to 3.4.3. I then exported the three tables including the drop statement. I changed the prefix. I imported the three tables. I went into the new instance of the site and installed 4.0. I then went to the front end and tried it.

I was able to see the list of my sermons, but when I clicked a particular sermon got - "You are not authorized". I remembered that I had to go through the parameters. So, I went through the parameters and ticked some columns to show, I also decided at that time I would add a category and assign the sermons to my category. I set the order of the sermons. I also added the series to that category and set their orders. Back to the front end to try it. Just clicking on the menu item "Sermons" now I get:

Not unique table/alias: 'c' SQL=SELECT sermons.id, sermons.sermon_title, sermons.catid, sermons.sermon_path, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(sermons.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', sermons.id, sermons.alias) ELSE sermons.id END as slug,sermons.hits, sermons.notes, sermons.sermon_scripture,sermons.sermon_date, sermons.alias,

... etc.

I'm sorry, but can you help me see what I've done wrong now? Thank you, again!

More
06 Sep 2012 16:06 #2508 by Thomas Hunziker
Is this still with SermonSpeaker 4.0 or did you already update to the latest SermonSpeaker?

It sounds like the migration did well this time and you just face a possible bug in SermonSpeaker 4.0 now. Before we dig deeper here, I'd recommend to update to SermonSpeaker 4.4.4, maybe that solves the issue already.

More
06 Sep 2012 16:16 #2509 by Thomas Hunziker
Just had a look, it's indeed a bug in SermonSpeaker 4.0 which happens if you apply more than one category filter to the sermons list.
This should be fixed in SermonSpeaker 4.4.4.

More
06 Sep 2012 18:42 #2510 by MyJC
Replied by MyJC on topic SOLVED: 500 Error after update
Thank you so verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry much!

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds