Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SOLVED: 500 Error after update

More
05 Sep 2012 04:51 - 06 Sep 2012 18:41 #2479 by MyJC
I exported the three tables from the 1.5 Joomla version using the instructions on this forum about including drop and backquotes etc., and manually changed the prefix from jos to j25 in the .sql file using notepad.

I installed Joomla 2.5 using JUpgrade. I then installed SermonSpeaker 4.0 (yes, *4.0*) in Joomla 2.5, imported the three tables. Imports went perfectly. Installed SermonSpeaker 4.0. Set the menu to point to sermon list. Click the menu - all my sermons show up. Click a sermon:

500 - Unknown column 'sermon.metakey' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT ....

Please advise. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 18:41 by MyJC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2012 08:39 #2482 by Thomas Hunziker
When you installed SermonSpeaker 4.0 the second time, did you get any error messages?

In the installer package there is a file named "migrate.sql". It contains all SQL commands needed to migrate your database. You can take this commands, alter the prefix (change #__ to J25_) and then apply it manually using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool.

More
05 Sep 2012 18:22 - 05 Sep 2012 19:41 #2494 by MyJC
Replied by MyJC on topic 500 Error after update
Thank you for your reply and help. No - I received no errors at any time in the process.

I did as you suggested - found migrate.sql - altered #__ to J32_ and imported it. It looked like this:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_speakers ADD COLUMN `alias` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_series ADD COLUMN `alias` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_speakers ADD COLUMN `metakey` TEXT NOT NULL, ADD `metadesc` TEXT NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_series ADD COLUMN `metakey` TEXT NOT NULL, ADD `metadesc` TEXT NOT NULL; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_sermons CHANGE `created_on` `created` DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00'; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_series CHANGE `created_on` `created` DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00'; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_speakers CHANGE `created_on` `created` DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00'; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_sermons CHANGE `published` `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_speakers CHANGE `published` `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_series CHANGE `published` `state` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_sermons CHANGE `sermon_number` `sermon_number` INT(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Forgive me if any of this is sensitive information and delete again (I obfuscated the dbname), but the error I got this time was

ALTER TABLE xyz_sermon_speakers ADD COLUMN `alias` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1146 - Table 'dbname.xyz_sermon_speakers' doesn't exist

thank you for any advise or help you can offer.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 19:41 by Thomas Hunziker. Reason: edited out database prefix

More
05 Sep 2012 19:40 #2495 by Thomas Hunziker
I would say either the prefix is wrong or you applied the SQL commands in the wrong database. The error says that the speaker table isn't present.
But since your sermon list is showing, I'm quite sure the speaker table is there :-)

I usually edit out the database prefix. It's not a big security issue if someone knows this prefix, but it's still not something that should be in the public. So I'm going to edit it out ;-)

More
05 Sep 2012 20:21 #2496 by MyJC
Hi Thomas:

I had already obfuscated that - but perhaps too obviously. Anyway, yeah - I don't get it, either. Double checked the prefix and the db name.

More
05 Sep 2012 20:23 #2497 by MyJC
Is there any option for direct support?

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds