Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Illegal Collations

More
02 Sep 2012 23:55 #2468 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Illegal Collations
do you know what the default is for 2.5? Several of the default 2.5 tables have different collations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2012 00:03 #2470 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Illegal Collations
My tables all have "utf8_general_ci" so I guess that's the default collation for utf8. But that probably also can be changed in the server settings.

Joomla only wants the tables to be in the utf8 charset, the collation doesn't matter as long as it is set consistent for all tables.

More
11 Feb 2013 23:04 - 11 Feb 2013 23:04 #3052 by Eric Thomas
Replied by Eric Thomas on topic Illegal Collations
I finally merged Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5 and SermonSpeaker from 3.4.3 to 4.4.11 and I ran into this same issue when making the final upgrade from SermonSpeaker 4.0 to 4.4.11.

I migrated a hostgator hosted Joomla 1.5 site where the dB collation was set for utf8_unicode_ci to a hostgator Joomla 2.5 site where the collation is utf8_general_ci.

As explained in this thread, the issue can be fixed by manually changing the table collations of the migrated SermonSpeaker tables to match the rest of the database, including the new tables that SermonSpeaker 4.4.11 creates.

So, in my case, I used phpMyAdmin to manually edit the structure of every row of the sermon_series, sermon_sermons, sermon_speakers tables, changing the collation to utf8_general_ci. Afterwards, I used the Operations tab on each table to change the default collation for each table to utf8_general_ci.

This was helpful:
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090319040418AAGvbXz
along with other searches for 'phpmyadmin change database table collation'

Thanks for the help in this thread.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 23:04 by Eric Thomas.

More
12 Feb 2013 13:52 #3062 by Andrei Chernyshev
i believe there is a component called admin tools by akeeba that can change them all at once.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds