Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Illegal Collations

More
01 Sep 2012 18:09 #2442 by Brandon
Illegal Collations was created by Brandon
Just followed the migrate instructions from 3.4.3 to 4.4.4 and now I get the attached illegal collations error. How do I correct this?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 20:36 #2444 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Illegal Collations
Unfortunately the screenshot is too small and I can't read it. But from the look it's an SQL error. May I ask if you updated from 3.4.3 to 4.4 directly or did you follow the migrate instructions and updated to 4.0 first?

More
01 Sep 2012 20:47 #2446 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Illegal Collations
I updated to 4.4. The migrate instructions say 4.0, but they don't say it must be 4.0 . . . usually I would take that to mean 4.x.

More
01 Sep 2012 20:49 - 01 Sep 2012 21:32 #2447 by Brandon
Also, here is the error I receive.

500 - An error has occurred.

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT sermons.id, .....
Last edit: 01 Sep 2012 21:32 by Thomas Hunziker. Reason: Admin: Edited out some sensible information

More
01 Sep 2012 21:30 #2449 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Illegal Collations
First sentence from the FAQ:

Migration is supported from SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 or 3.4.3 to SermonSpeaker 4.0. While newer versions may work, it's not tested. It's recommended to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.0 and if it was successful use the Joomla updater to get the latest release of SermonSpeaker.

But then your error doesn't seem to related to missing fields or something like that. It's related to the collation of the database tables and columns. Some seem to be "utf8_general_ci" and others "utf8_unicode_ci". Make sure they are all the same.
This is a database problem and not caused by Joomla or SermonSpeaker. Most likely your new database has a different default collation than your old, and when you copied the tables the collations didn't match.
You can change the collation with tools like phpMyAdmin. Also the Akeeba Admin Tools have a function to change the collation, maybe that will work as well.

More
01 Sep 2012 22:07 #2451 by Brandon
An upgrade should automatically address issues like collation. I didn't setup collation during the 1.5 install or the 2.5 install. It's automatically setup during install.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds