Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

video not loading

More
14 Jun 2012 14:54 #2069 by Jason Adams
Replied by Jason Adams on topic Re: video not loading
so i got the video down to about 100MB video quality obviously isn't stellar but viewable. on my mac in firefox the video will pause for about 1/2 a sec about every 5 seconds. the weird thing is i've checked other browsers & another computer and it's fine. i'm not sure why it's doing it but i was reading where you could set the mode for jwplayer to html5 which is the only available mode for the iphone. on my iphone it just starts streaming the video which is what i would prefer to happen on the mac & pc. if i could set it to do that i could increase the video quality a bit and then the individual should only have to wait if they choose to download it (theoretically). i looked around the files for the component and i'm assuming that jwplayer is controlled by the player.php file in the component folder. i looked through the code but can't figure it out. is there something i can change so jwplayer will try to use html5 before flash?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2012 15:33 #2070 by Thomas Hunziker
It's indeed done in the helpers/player.php file. Around line 355 you see this:
Code:
$this->script = '<script type="text/javascript">' .'jwplayer("mediaspace'.$this->config['count'].'").setup({' .'flashplayer: "'.$player.'",' .'playlist: ['.$this->playlist['default'].'],' .'controlbar: "bottom",' .$options .'width: "'.$this->config[$type.'width'].'",' .'height: "'.$this->config[$type.'height'].'"' .'});' .'</script>';

You can add the modes parameter there according to www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...08/jw-embedder-modes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds