Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

video not loading

More
12 Jun 2012 15:42 #2047 by Jason Adams
i'm having trouble getting videos to load. i've tried .mov & .mp4 formats but when i click play video the player just sits there with a loading wheel. i only have one actual video from a service as this is something we are trying to start implementing. the video is around 900MB in size, is this too big? if so how do i get it down so i can start offering videos. SOMEBODY HEEEELLLLPPPPP PLEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!! :blink:

test.tabernacle-of-praise.org -> MULTIMEDIA -> Sermons

6-3-2012 from john tyner has the real video

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2012 16:01 - 12 Jun 2012 16:03 #2048 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep this is too big. The browser needs to download the whole thing prior to play it, so 900MB will just take its time to download and start playing.

Also make sure the filename doesn't contain any invalid characters (like spaces or other special characters. The filename needs to be URL safe so all browsers and flash on all operation systems can access it.

JW Player and Flowplayer both would support mov and mp4. See www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...-audio-formats#video and flowplayer.org/documentation/installation/formats.html for the complete lists of supported formats.

I don't use videos myself, so maybe someone else can comment on how to reduce the videofilesize. I guess reducing resolution and quality would help.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2012 16:03 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
12 Jun 2012 16:19 #2049 by Jason Adams
Replied by Jason Adams on topic Re: video not loading
dang, that's what i was thinking but wasn't 100% positive. i did try looking on both those players websites for supported formats, but u know how it is when you're tired & ready to go to bed; you'll be looking right at the info & not even see it. can someone give a suggestion on reducing file size. i would prefer smaller sizes anyway as it takes over an hour to upload a 900MB file :whistle:

More
13 Jun 2012 14:42 #2050 by Jason Adams
Replied by Jason Adams on topic Re: video not loading
to use the streaming option for files, does that come thru on port 80 or some other port

More
13 Jun 2012 14:50 #2051 by Thomas Hunziker
Streaming is a tricky thing which isn't supported by SermonSpeaker by default. There are requirements on the server side and if those are met you would have to change the way the player is loaded in SermonSpeaker.
I think Andrei played around with this some long time ago, but I'm not sure if he ever got it working.

More
13 Jun 2012 14:59 #2052 by Andrei Chernyshev
my server did support streaming but it was slow, had some issues, and ate up lot of bandwidth. so i went with Vimeo. that way I get everything at once, BTW on you-tube you can also upload sermons now days there is no file limit from what i've been told.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds