Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Setting The Default Order In The Sermons List???

More
03 May 2012 08:37 #1872 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you have an URL where I could have a look at the site?

Also make sure it's not a caching issue. Turn off caching in Joomla and use another browser or clear cache in the browser.

What happens if you directly enter the URL

index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons

?
If this is working, check the menu item if you applied some filtering there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2012 23:48 #1882 by Kirill
Cache is off on Joomla, used both IE sand Firefox with cache cleared. Checked menu items, with index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons input in the link field. Same results, also pagination is not there, although it is enabled in global settings and set on Show.

URL: thegoodnewschurch.com/joomla/index.php/resources/sermons

Thank you!

More
06 May 2012 14:20 #1884 by Thomas Hunziker
For me it's working with
thegoodnewschurch.com/joomla/index.php?o...speaker&view=sermons

I think you set the "Limit shown sermons" in the menu item parameters. Leave that empty if you want to show all sermons. If you enter a number there, the list will be limited to the last x sermons and pagination / ordering will be disabled.

More
06 May 2012 21:19 #1886 by Kirill
Emptied out "limit show sermons" from menu item, pagination is back on, but only gives 5 pages, no latest sermons will come up by re-ordering. Re-set and re-saved order (date, descending).

More
06 May 2012 23:31 - 06 May 2012 23:32 #1887 by Thomas Hunziker
I have some more questions:
Did you upgrade from a previous version of SermonSpeaker?
How did you enter the missing sermons?
Are they showing up in the backend?

In order to show a sermon, SermonSpeaker makes some checks. Maybe check if your sermons match this requisites:
  • Sermon has to be published
  • The sermon category has to be "root" or the selected category needs to be published and visible for the user
  • The same category checks apply if the series and speakers have categories applied
  • If set, the sermon language needs to match the active site language
Last edit: 06 May 2012 23:32 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
07 May 2012 00:25 #1888 by Kirill
Sermonspeaker 4.0 was freshly installed on Joomla 2.5 (we rebuilt the site), imported database tables from sermonspeaker 3.4.2 into newly installed 4.0 component version, copied old folder with all sermons into new sermonspeaker folder. Sermonspeaker than was re-installed again with 4.0 version. All worked great, pagination, date order. Layout was missing, positioning was not right. Updated sermon speaker to the latest 4.4 which brought layout back, but order and pagination.

-Sermons are published
-Visible in the backend with proper order by date with all pages

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds