Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Setting The Default Order In The Sermons List???

More
28 Feb 2012 02:33 - 28 Feb 2012 02:36 #1571 by Nathan Ward
I've created the Sermons List Menu Item on my church's page, and the order is all out of whack! I'm trying to set it up so that the most recent are first by default, but the best I can hope for is the oldest first after hitting the "Set Ordering Based On Date" button in the Tools menu Under the SermonSpeaker 4.3 Component. I can't find anything in the Options settings either. This is very frustrating for not only me but the visitors on this page.

FYI: This is the second time I'm using this (the first time on J1.5) and I had the same problem. Now that I've rebuilt the site on J1.66, I'm still having this issue.

Can anyone help? Or do I need to put this in the suggestions thread? Thanks
Last edit: 28 Feb 2012 02:36 by Nathan Ward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2012 07:45 #1572 by Thomas Hunziker
In the SermonSpeaker options, go to the tab "Global". There you can set a default order. By default it should already be selected "Date" and "Descending" which is what you need.

If this doesn't work for you we could look deeper into the issue, but I would need at least a site URL for this :)

More
28 Feb 2012 14:56 - 28 Feb 2012 14:56 #1573 by Nathan Ward
WOW! I must have looked at that area a hundred times and didn't even see it! Chalk another one up to sleep deprivation I guess! Looks perfect now! Thanks a lot!!!

findadventure.org/index.php/lessons-davenport
Last edit: 28 Feb 2012 14:56 by Nathan Ward.

More
12 Apr 2012 19:31 - 12 Apr 2012 19:46 #1771 by Mark Landry
I've played around with the global settings but nothing changes - I'm trying to get series to list most recent to oldest, but no matter what I set in global there's no effect.

Here's the url:
www.waterstonechurch.org/newSite/jupgrad...teaching/sermon-mp3s

Thanx for your help

Mark
Last edit: 12 Apr 2012 19:46 by Mark Landry.

More
12 Apr 2012 19:51 #1772 by Thomas Hunziker
The global order settings only apply to the sermons. The series and speakers lists are always sorted by the order that is set in the backend.

If you wanted to change that, you could edit the file in /components/com_sermonspeaker/models/series.php or speakers.php and edit where it says
Code:
parent::populateState('ordering', 'ASC');
change it to
Code:
parent::populateState('created', 'DESC');
to have the newest created series on top and the oldest at the bottom.

Keep in mind that this hack will be overwritten by the next SermonSpeaker update.

More
03 May 2012 01:06 #1871 by Kirill
Hello,

Sermons are out of order and not all of them are showing up. Trying to set them up by date, so far changed Global Settings to order by date and default order dir by descending, still out of order.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds