Non-Flash Player

More
08 Feb 2012 18:04 #1465 by Dave Gortemaker
Thank you gentlemen for the help. I will dig into this a little further. Definitely does not load properly on my phone :(

If I figure anything out, I'll post back to this message. Thanks for a great module! Keep up the good work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2012 20:48 #1466 by Andrei Chernyshev
I think he's right, it does not look like it will play audio using that player at least on iphones. i've also checked on android and it does work on droids. see attached screenshots from iphones. and one from droid.
Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2012 08:58 #1467 by Thomas Hunziker
Found out something. Safari relies on Quicktime to play those mp3 files. That's why it didn't work on my windows machine with Safari, I hadn't installed Quicktime. After installing Safari played your sermon correctly in HTML5.

Android supports Flash, so it will work anyway without troubles :-)

This doesn't really explain why it doesn't work on the iPhone, but I guess it's more an iOS issue then than a SermonSpeaker one.
I've set up a test layout where it shows an additional pure HTML5 player below the regular one. Can you test if this works on iPhones?
joomla16.hopto.org/series/sermon/15-sund...s-against-booze.html

More
09 Feb 2012 13:45 #1468 by Dave Gortemaker
That worked perfectly on my iPhone! When I clicked to play it did not remain on the page but opened a QuickTime branded window and played there. But that is still great! So what do I need to do to make that work?

Thanks!

More
09 Feb 2012 17:04 #1469 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, I accidentaly overwrote the change again when I tried to fix another issue. Sorry for the confusing. It's set up again.

A simple HTML5 player is coded like this:
Code:
<audio src="path/to/file.mp3" controls="controls">Your browser doesn't support this.</audio>

In a SermonSpeaker layout you can use this to automatically add the path to the file:
Code:
<audio src="<?php echo $player->file; ?>" controls="controls">Your browser doesn't support this.</audio>

JW Player basically does exactly this, it just has additional logic behind it. One can define which mode should have priority over others. By default it tries Flash first and if the browser doesn't support it, it will try a HTML5 player. If that fails as well it will offer a simple download link. If you got a Quicktime window after clicking, it sounds more like it went to the download link. The HTML5 one should be inbrowser I guess.

More
05 Sep 2012 06:36 - 05 Sep 2012 06:37 #2480 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Re: Non-Flash Player
For Iphone
line 203 and 704
of components/com_sermonspeaker/helpers/player.php

replace
the 'Javascrpt needs to be enabled etc' words
with this
<audio controls="controls" preload="auto"><source src="'.$this->file.'" type="audio/mp3" /></audio>

This builds on the core of sermon speaker (almost) in that it still hides the url of the mp3 except without javascript ie everything still works, but if no javascript is detected, it simply places an html5 audio tag in place; OK for iphones - as it renders the html5 audio player, instead of 'turn on javascript' message

example here
www.centrechurch.org.au/index.php?option...mon&id=69&Itemid=260

pity there is no overrides for the core - but this will work until the file is updated
maybe future editions might contain this patch :-)
or at least use the logic in it
Last edit: 05 Sep 2012 06:37 by Ian.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds