500 Errors from most links - After upgrade to Joomla 4

More
04 Jun 2023 22:25 #8094 by Brady Kuenning
I just upgraded my site to joomla 4.  I made sure it passed all of the prechecks before the upgrade, and I was on the latest verson of sermonspeaker for joomla 3 prior.

After upgrading my site to joomla 4, it prompted to upgrade sermon speaker to v6 which worked fine.

But the first thing I noticed is that none of my menu links for it worked anymore.  So I recreated those and i found that Series list works but single series does not.
Then I noticed that clicking on a speaker name or a catagory results in a 500 error.

On the back end I can see all of the sermons, and speakers listed, but clicking on anything to edit it, results in a 500 error.
On the Maintenance: Database section of Joomla it said there was an out of date database version, and telling it to update the structure.  It currently shows the DB version of 6.0.2 and Manifest version of 6.0.7

I am feeling stuck, as I really don't want to restore the entire site from a backup.   I am hoping there is some simple fix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2023 22:39 #8095 by Thomas Hunziker
Error 500 means there is an error on the server (PHP) side. This type of errors usually generate a "Fatal Error" log entry which you should see in your server error logs. Those would be very helpfull if you can look for that. Maybe you have to ask your hoster where to find those.
You can also try enabling error logging in Joomla and enable "Display Error", then you may see the error on the page (but disable it again afterwards).

More
04 Jun 2023 22:59 - 04 Jun 2023 23:03 #8096 by Brady Kuenning
I enabled Debug mode and got this error on a speakers page.

Compile Error: Declaration of PlgSermonspeakerJwplayer7::onGetPlayer($context, &$player, $items, $config) must be compatible with SermonspeakerPluginPlayer::onGetPlayer($context, $player, $items, $config)

Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError

Exception
/home2/akvcocco/public_html/plugins/sermonspeaker/jwplayer7/jwplayer7.php:74
Code:
     *                            - awidth, aheight (width and height for audio)      *                            - vwidth, vheight (width and height for video)      *      * @return  void      */     public function onGetPlayer($context, &$player, $items, $config)     {         $this->player = $player;         // There is already a player loaded         if ($this->player->mspace)

Stack Trace
Code:
Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError: Compile Error: Declaration of PlgSermonspeakerJwplayer7::onGetPlayer($context, &$player, $items, $config) must be compatible with SermonspeakerPluginPlayer::onGetPlayer($context, $player, $items, $config) at /home2/akvcocco/public_html/plugins/sermonspeaker/jwplayer7/jwplayer7.php:74
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jun 2023 23:03 by Brady Kuenning.

More
04 Jun 2023 23:17 #8097 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try the mediaelement player ( github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/releases...ker_mediaelement.zip ) instead of the JWPlayer one?
The JWPlayer one isn't compatible with Joomla 4.

More
04 Jun 2023 23:36 - 05 Jun 2023 02:01 #8098 by Brady Kuenning
Ok we are getting closer.  I didn't know where to change the player that is being used.  So I disabled the JWPlayer7 and PixelOut plugins and installed the MediaElement.  This immediately removed most of the errors.  I can now see speakers and click on series without the 500 error.

However, on the admin side I am still getting an error when I try to add or edit a sermon.
I can create and edit, series, and speakers just fine.  But when I click on a sermon to edit on the admin side I get this:
Code:
An error has occurred. 0 Cannot use a scalar value as an array Call stack # Function Location 1 () JROOT/libraries/src/Document/Document.php:514 2 Joomla\CMS\Document\Document->addScript() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/view.html.php:297 3 SermonspeakerViewSermon->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:645 4 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/controller.php:48 5 SermonspeakerController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:678 6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker.php:32 7 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71 8 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73 9 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361 10 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143 11 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186 12 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293 13 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61 14 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32  

Other things I noticed that are not working right.

On the front end when I go to a specific sermon detail page, I can see all the details about the sermon, but there is no media player, it just says No Matching player found. Also, if I click download the audio, I get a 404 error.

The player does load and play fine at the top of a series list though.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2023 02:01 by Brady Kuenning.

More
05 Jun 2023 09:07 #8099 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try disabling the Google Picker? That should fix it. I need to look into that one then.

On the sermon detail page, which kind of file would that be?

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds