Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Transfer component data?

More
13 Jul 2018 19:09 #7201 by Alistair Kent
I have the latest version of Sermon Speaker running on my church site, but am currently creating a new site from scratch. Is it possible to take all the data, settings etc from the current site and load it into the new one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2018 20:54 #7202 by Thomas Hunziker
Sure, all the data is stored in the Joomla database. The tables are all prefixed with "jos_sermon_" where "jos_" is your Joomla database prefix.

So if you copy those tables to your new sites database AFTER you installed the SAME version of SermonSpeaker on that new site, it will work.

You will also have to copy all sermon files (mp3, pictures, …) to the new site into the same relative folder.
Eg when in the old site they were stored in "oldsite.org/images/sermons" they need to go to "newsite.org/images/Sermons".

More
27 Aug 2018 20:37 - 27 Aug 2018 20:37 #7263 by Alistair Kent
Thanks for this Thomas. All transferred okay. The only things I'm struggling with is that my link to frontend uploading is not working anymore - see rock-church.kentkreations.co.uk/index.ph...&view=frontendupload . Any ideas why this would be?
Last edit: 27 Aug 2018 20:37 by Alistair Kent.

More
27 Aug 2018 20:55 #7264 by Thomas Hunziker
Two things come to mind
There is a setting in SermonSpeaker to enable frontend editing. So check that setting.
Then the form checks if you are allowed to create a sermon, if not you get a 403 page. So try with a Superadmin first and if that works make sure the usergroup that is supposed to create sermons has the permission to do so.

More
04 Sep 2018 12:58 #7276 by Alistair Kent
Thanks Thomas, yes, was just a simple matter matter of changing the 'front end upload' setting!

However, I've come up with another issue (hopefully the last!), when creating my first sermon on the new site, everything seems to work as normal, the file uploads successfully and I complete the name, date speaker fields as normal, but when I go to 'save' it wont let me and comes up with the following errors:

Warning
Invalid field: audiofile
Invalid field: videofile
Invalid field: addfile

There's seems nothing invalid about the audio file and the 'video' and 'add file' fields are empty.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that I transferred the database tables over as instructed. Any ideas?

More
04 Sep 2018 13:16 #7277 by Thomas Hunziker
It's a side effect of Joomla 3.8.12 which has been fixed with SermonSpeaker 5.9.0. So now is a good time to update to the latest version :)

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds