Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

http:200 error on sermon uploads

More
20 Dec 2016 18:55 #6352 by Radovan
Hi, it is not clear what date SermonSpeaker is creating (as you mentioned earlier). Is it date of adding sermon? Or is it date defined in "date" field? But there is still problem to load bigger files...

But back to my previous post - I meant to create subdirectories manually trough FTP manager in defined folder for sermon files (not automatically). And upload manually files to those subfolders through FTP. Reason is that it is not possible to use SermonSpeaker uploader to upload files bigger files than 40MB (in my case) and I have many sermons bigger than 40MB. So only way how to upload sermons is trough FTP... And because SermonSpeaker can not see subfolders created in destination folder (defined in options of SermonSpeaker), all sermons must be in one folder.... and therefore I have large drop down list.

How can I solve problem with bigger files (not loadable through loader in backend / frontend of SermonSpeaker) and to not have large drop downs list?

Solution will be to use "File Browser" instead of "drop down list" as is in Joomla (to add images to article) or JCE plug-in.

Is it possible to add "File Browser" instead of "drop down list" to manually define mp3 sermon? "File Browser" is standard Joomla plug-in, or not? What you think? And in Options of SermonSpeaker you can define if you want to use subfolders crated by date (or by language) or to use File Browser. This it is my suggestion.

Thanks a lot.
Radovan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2016 19:21 #6353 by Thomas Hunziker

Hi, it is not clear what date SermonSpeaker is creating (as you mentioned earlier). Is it date of adding sermon? Or is it date defined in "date" field?

It's based on the date of the sermon as set in the form, so for new sermons it's by default the current date (unless changed) and for existing sermons it is the sermon date.

Hi, it is not clear what date SermonSpeaker is creating (as you mentioned earlier). Is it date of adding sermon? Or is it date defined in "date" field?

You can do that, but need to change the sermon path to your new directory in the settings.
It will not change any existing sermons, it's only changing the dropdown list and where uploaded files are stored.

Reason is that it is not possible to use SermonSpeaker uploader to upload files bigger files than 40MB (in my case) and I have many sermons bigger than 40MB

It is perfectly possible to upload bigger files using SermonSpeaker. The limiting factor is your server, not SermonSpeaker.
To fix that, you need to contact your hoster. If they can't help you, you should move to a better hoster.

Solution will be to use "File Browser" instead of "drop down list" as is in Joomla (to add images to article)

As explained the Joomla "File Browser" doesn't support browsing/selecting anything other than images. There is a rewrite planned but till that is done we can't use it.

More
21 Dec 2016 06:54 #6354 by Ken Lee
My solution to the "long-list of files" problem is to put the files in subdirectories, created by date or whatever meaning you want, then trigger the "CreateSermonsAutomatically" script. It creates new sermons for any new files in any subdirectories under the audio file's root. (I haven't tried video files, though.) It even matches series and other fields from ID3 tags.
It is a crucial part in my system.
Ken

More
21 Dec 2016 13:10 - 21 Dec 2016 13:21 #6357 by Radovan
Hi Ken, thanks for hint. Great tool, i like it, but I have one problem with it, added sermons are automatically published and categorized in to "Uncategorized" category. And this is not possible to define in Options.
Before publishing them, it will be handy to edit author, correct category and other details. Problem is, if do you use module "Latest Sermons", added sermons are there displayed... And I don't want it before I editing details... So if after "Create sermons automatically" they will be unpubulished, it will be grat help.

Solution will be not to publish them automatically after click "Create sermons automatically" in Tools.
What file to edit if I want to have them unpublished (automatically)? Or to have possiblity to define this in Options.

Another idea is to categorize sermons during "Create sermons automatically" according alias of category. For example if alias of category is "sunday-sermons" and subfolder in folder for sermons is "sunday-sermons", sermons automatically added through "Create sermons automatically" will be categorized in to the appropriate category "sunday-sermons" (and have status "unbuplished").

Is it possible? Thanks
Radovan
Last edit: 21 Dec 2016 13:21 by Radovan.

More
21 Dec 2016 13:21 #6358 by Thomas Hunziker
The state of the sermon is determined here: github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/mas...llers/tools.php#L208

Which means if you use the tool method with a user that isn't allowed to edit the state, the sermons will be unpublished.
The method originally was meant to be used eg from a cron job. And there you would pass the user credentials in the request.
Checking the folder against an existing category alias should be possible I think. I'd have to check that.

More
22 Dec 2016 03:23 #6359 by Ken Lee
Dear Radovan,

I had exactly the problem you have. Here is what I did. We code our series in the filename. e.g. abc161222.mp3, xyz161223.mp3, and wrote a script to parse the filename for the series and publish date information. Copy the files into the folder named by the series names and call CreateSermon script. Then set the series values and publish dates from the script, using some SQL statements. Now the process of importing and setting the necessary fields are automatic in my site.
I have to admit it may not be the smartest way, but it works for me.
Of course if the mp3 creator put ID3 album tag properly he could save you some work.

Also, Thomas did a great job on the component and he taught me a lot in this forum.

Ken

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds