Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

http:200 error on sermon uploads

More
23 Dec 2016 14:06 #6367 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you test if category/folder detection works with the attached version?

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...6-17.zip
File Size:3,966 KB

It will look for the last folder and checks if a category with that alias exists.
So if your sermon is located in "/images/sermons/sundayservice/example.mp3", it will look for a category with the alias "sundayservice". If that category exists and is published, it will use that. Otherwise it will fall back to the one it was using until now.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2016 09:11 #6368 by Radovan
Hi Thomas, it works... greate job.
It works even if main folder for mp3 fiels is "audio" in the "root", and has some subfolders like "interviews" or "faith-stories". Names of categories are "Interviews" and "Faith Stories".

One more problem:
If you delete sermon from sermns list, file is deleted too. There is no "notice" about this (before deleting file), even this is not possible to change in Options. Is it possible to add notice and possibility to change this (in Options)?

Thanks,
Radovan

More
24 Dec 2016 12:57 #6369 by Thomas Hunziker
When a sermon is deleted, SermonSpeaker does check in the database if the files is assigned to another sermon and if not it is deleted as well.

I could add a confirmation box similar to what you see when you delete an article.
As for an option, I think SermonSpeaker already has a lot of them.

Do you have a need to keep the files after deleting the sermon?

More
25 Dec 2016 07:34 - 25 Dec 2016 07:41 #6370 by Radovan
Hi Thomas,
  1. It will be good and correct to inform user that by deleting sermon he is losing also the audio/video file from server,
  2. many users have slower (upload) connection and if you have many (and bigger size) files it can be problem to upload them back again,
  3. you never know how advanced is Joomla user, maybe he/she delete sermons by accident - even trashed items,
  4. for testing/learning purposes - it is time saving to not upload files again and again
  5. it is good to decide about deleting file later, it can be used for other (later) purpose
  6. maybe the message can be: "Do you want to delete also associated file(s) from server?" (Question before final delete of sermon) - of course if there is no other sermon using same audio/video file
  7. some inspiration from Phoca Commander - if You want to delete file by Phoca Commander, ot is asking you: "Are you sure you want to delete "name-of-file.mp3"? Be aware, this action removes selected files or folders (include their subfolders and files) from your server permanently"
One more problem:
S.Speaker use for "date" (time of held) date from file (date of change). For my mp3 I have this date as a held date (using Total Commander, it is not changing this date during copying of files, while windows explorer yes) and if I upload mp3 file in to the FTP by Total Commander, this date is not changed and by using tool "Create sermons automatically" this date is used correctly. While if I upload same sermon by S.Speaker uploader in sermon "files and details" in sermon, this date is changed according current date of saving of item. To have correct date (time of held) is time saving in case of more uploaded older sermons.
So for me is now solution to use Total Commander to upload older files in to the FTP and later use tool "Create sermons automatically" to create sermons with correct date.

Thanks,
Radovan
Last edit: 25 Dec 2016 07:41 by Radovan.

More
25 Dec 2016 12:50 #6371 by Thomas Hunziker
I've openend an issue for the confirmation/dialog box. See github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/issues/38
I need to play with that first a bit after Christmas to see what is possible. JavaScript isn't my strength B)

As for the date, the ID3 Lookup looks for the YEAR and DATE ID3 property, if those are set in the file it should take that date for the sermon. If TIME is set, that one is used as well.
If there is no date specified, the the sermon form will take the current date as default and the automatic creation function will take the filedate.

More
29 Dec 2016 09:42 #6373 by Radovan
Problem with frontend upload link (com_sermonspeaker-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17.zip)
Frontend Tool link to upload new mp3 files uploaded trough FTP is not working. I want to have new sermons "unpublished" after automatic process.
For that purpose I have created "editor" - this user has no "Edit State" and therefore sermons should be "unpublished". But after click on link some.webpage/index.php?option=com_sermon...=editor&password=123 (this is example) sermons are not added.
If I do same link with another user ("superuser") mp3 files are added but with this message:
"Notice: COM_SERMONSPEAKER_ID3_NO_MATCH_FOUND" but sermon are added to Database.

Even if I change "editor" to "publisher" (Joomla user status) sermons are not added, only "superuser" works (frontend link).

Is it only my problem? How to add sermons with "frontend tools automatic link" and have added sermons but with "unpublished" status? Solution will be to add option to have unpublished sermons after "automatic tool proccess"
Thanks
PS: before this I have tested new version (com_sermonspeaker-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17.zip) only on backend with superuser.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds