Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Import from Sermon Speaker for Joomla 2.5

More
28 May 2015 14:34 #5296 by Alistair Kent
I've recreated the SQL table twice now to make sure it is okay, but still gives the same message. If I sent you the SQL file would you be able to identify any problems with it - it means nothing to me, I'm a bit out f my depth here already! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2015 15:14 #5297 by Thomas Hunziker
Sure, you can send it to me (bakual@bakual.ch)

More
28 May 2015 16:59 #5298 by Alistair Kent
Hi Thomas, all sorted now, I realised that something was wrong when I attatched teh SQL fiel and it was 35mb in ssize! I had been exporting all of the tables!! (told you I was a novice!)

Anyway, the tables have imported fine now. thank you for your persistence.

Everything looks fine in the back end, but when I click to show the list of sermons page, i.e. www.kk.southeysolutions.com/the-rock.org...isten-to-our-sermons it says there are none. Also the latest sermons module is not showing anything.

Is there something particular I need to do here?

More
28 May 2015 20:01 #5299 by Thomas Hunziker
He, I thought there must be somethign wrong with your SQL file :)

As for the missing sermons in the frontend: Very likely (99%) you haven't yet assigned valid categories to the sermons, series and speakers yet. Currently, they all have links to a category still saved, but the linked category either doesn't exist or isn't a SermonSpeaker one. So you need to fix that.
That is easy to do using the batch functions in the respective manager.

After that, the items should show up.

More
30 May 2015 03:23 #5303 by Alistair Kent
Thansk THomas,

I have created some categories and and first of all successfully assigned them to various sermons using the batch function.

However, when I try to do the same with the series, then I get the following error:

Error
Save failed with the following error: Unknown column 'modified' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `twhtl_sermon_series` SET `title`='General',`series_description`='',`state`='1',`ordering`='6',`hits`='1668',`created_by`='602',`created`='2013-03-11 17:11:26',`catid`='25',`avatar`='',`alias`='general',`metakey`='',`metadesc`='',`home`='0',`checked_out`='100',`checked_out_time`='2015-05-30 01:17:35',`language`='*',`metadata`='{\"robots\":\"\",\"rights\":\"\"}',`version`='2',`modified`='2015-05-30 01:17:49',`modified_by`='100' WHERE `id`='10013'

I get an error when I do a batch or whether I do just one at a time.

Also, when I try and assign a newly created category to a speaker, I get thsi error:

Error
Save failed with the following error: Unknown column 'modified' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `twhtl_sermon_speakers` SET `title`='Alistair Kent',`website`='',`intro`='',`bio`='',`pic`='',`state`='1',`ordering`='0',`hits`='2158',`created_by`='62',`created`='2015-05-30 01:22:03',`catid`='23',`alias`='ali-kent',`metakey`='',`metadesc`='',`home`='0',`checked_out`='100',`checked_out_time`='2015-05-30 01:21:33',`language`='*',`metadata`='{\"robots\":\"\",\"rights\":\"\"}',`version`='2',`modified`='2015-05-30 01:22:03',`modified_by`='100' WHERE `id`='10007'

Do you still think this is a fairly simple fix?

More
30 May 2015 09:04 #5305 by Thomas Hunziker
Which version of SermonSpeaker do you have installed? The same one you had on your old site?
Did you already update to the latest version available?

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds