Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Import from Sermon Speaker for Joomla 2.5

More
23 May 2015 01:39 - 23 May 2015 01:41 #5290 by The Journey
I am in the process of rebuilding our website and migrating to Sermon Speaker 5 on joomla 3 but I wasn't able to simply upgrade my Joomla 2.5 to 3.0 so it's a fresh install, is there an easy way to import all my database files to bring all the old data.

Maybe grab all the tables and import them in MySQL then install the new version of SS.
Last edit: 23 May 2015 01:41 by The Journey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2015 11:36 #5291 by Thomas Hunziker
You need to install exactly the same version of SermonSpeaker in Joomla 3.x as you have installed in your Joomla 2.5.
After that you copy all database tables starting with #__sermon to the new database, overwriting the existing tables. You can do that with tools like phpMyAdmin.
After that, you can upgrade to the latest version of SermonSpeaker.

You will have to recreate and reassign the categories for the sermons, speakers and series as you can't simply copy them over. You can reassign the categories easy using the batch functions in the respective managers.
As long as the assigned categories are invalid, the entries will show in the backend, but not in the frontend.

More
27 May 2015 22:20 #5292 by Alistair Kent
I too am trying to achieve this migration.

I have followed the instructions in this thread, but am getting the following error when importing my sql file (containing the old databases tables - renamed to the new prefix):

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'level' for key 'PRIMARY'

I have definitely dropped the tables _scriptures, _series, _sermons, _sermon_tags, _speakers and _tags, so I don't know where it is getting the duplicate from?

More
28 May 2015 08:18 #5293 by Thomas Hunziker
You only need to import the SermonSpeaker tables. It reads like you're importing all tables from the old Joomla installation.

More
28 May 2015 11:33 #5294 by Alistair Kent
No, I'm only importing the 6 said sermon speaker tables.

More
28 May 2015 12:17 #5295 by Thomas Hunziker
That's strange then. The primary keys of the SermonSpeaker tables all only contain integers. So there is no way a "level" value can or should end up there. Even if you haven't dropped the tables, you shouldn't get such a message.
Your exported SQL files maybe are corrupt or something?

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds