Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Can't 100% download mp3 files on mobile phone

More
17 Feb 2015 22:43 - 17 Feb 2015 23:17 #5078 by adaman
Thank you so much Thomas for your answers.

I wrote to the support of the server. It's a really cheap company, I don't have much expectation about its service.

I've tested several browsers on my mobile phone, just wanna to tell you, I can download the mp3 with Opera and Dolphin, they both pop up a box for me to choose where to store the file after I click the Download Audio link. They are different from Chrome and the default browser.

However, I can't ask all the people to install a special apps in order to download the mp3 successfully... LOL~

I will keep on trying. Hope that I will get the error logs.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2015 23:17 by adaman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2015 10:41 - 18 Feb 2015 10:44 #5079 by adaman
I got the result from the server support. I gave them the instructions to recreate the problem and they caught the error for me. Here is their reply:

"Thank you for the instructions. We were able to recreate the issue with an Android phone and Chrome browser, and the following PHP warning was logged in the Apache error log:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/php53/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_gd2.dll' - /usr/local/php53/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/php_gd2.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0, referer: ylbc.org.hk/index.php/menu-sermon/sermon...-ylbc-sermon20150215

However, this warning does not explain the unsuccessful download. The reason for the above log entry was the following line in your global php.ini file:
extension=php_gd2.dll

As our servers are Linux-based, you cannot enable PHP extensions in .dll format, which is for Windows-based servers. Furthermore, you don't need to enable the GD library, as it is already enabled by default.

To fix the warning, we commented the above line.

As expected, this did not resolve the issue with the download. However, when we tested downloading the file with Firefox on the same Android device, the file was downloaded successfully. This means that the issue could be caused by some incompatibility between your extension and Chrome.

You can pass this information to the support team of the extension you are using. Hopefully, they will be able to provide a working solution."

em... What should I do the next? :ohmy: Thank you!
Last edit: 18 Feb 2015 10:44 by adaman.

More
18 Feb 2015 11:26 #5080 by Thomas Hunziker
Honestly? I have no clue.
While I can reproduce it on your site with my phone, it works fine on demo.sermonspeaker.net.
The only difference I see is in the filesize and duration of the download.

More
18 Feb 2015 11:40 #5081 by Thomas Hunziker
My guess would be a bug in Chrome related to filesize/duration. With Firefox on the same phone it works fine.

You could of course try to adjust your layout with the download link so instead that it points to the download method, it would directly link to the file. But that needs a bit of PHP knowledge and would no longer download the file on computers, but instead open it in the media player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adaman

More
18 Feb 2015 11:43 - 18 Feb 2015 11:46 #5082 by adaman
I think I should think it on the other ways. I will compare the settings between the old website and the new one, as well as the installed extensions. I know the problem may not be caused by SermonSpeaker, since there is no one encountered it before.

In case, after all, I can't find out the solution, an alternative option is to make the "Download Audio" link pointing to the actual path of the mp3 files instead, would you help me in this case? (May be telling me which files are invoked.)

Thank you~!
Last edit: 18 Feb 2015 11:46 by adaman.

More
18 Feb 2015 11:50 #5083 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, I could make that change for you if there is no other solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adaman

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds