Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon cannot be played

More
27 Dec 2014 20:34 #5008 by Bibbi Bryld
I have added a sermon in a plugin to an article, but even though the play display is visible, it is not possible to play the sermon. All the sermons in the table can be played, but not the one in the plugin.
Link to the site: koebenhavnsfrikirke.dk/hvem-er-vi/vidnesbyrd/malene-toldam
What is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2014 22:35 #5011 by Thomas Hunziker
The player tries to load the file koebenhavnsfrikirke.dk/images/mediacenter/malene_toldam.mp3 , but that one can't be accessed for some reason.
Most likely it doesn't exist, the folder is read protected or there is some SEF extension / rewrite rule in effect.

More
27 Dec 2014 22:55 #5013 by Bibbi Bryld
Replied by Bibbi Bryld on topic Sermon cannot be played
Thanks. I have to look deeper into the file.

More
27 Dec 2014 23:32 #5014 by Bibbi Bryld
Maybe I have linked the file in a wrong way when I added the page to the menu. However, it is a bit difficult for me to see/guess which item to select (see attached image). Almost all fields are like that i Sermon Speaker.
Can you tell me which one is the correct link?
Attachments:

More
28 Dec 2014 13:20 #5016 by Thomas Hunziker
They should all be translated. It's strange that they are not. Are you using the english language?
The menu item itself doesn't matter however. I've talked about the file itself which isn't accessible. The link to the file needs to work completely independant from Joomla or any menu items. It's a direct access to the webserver which he has to able to answer. If you have set up any .htaccess rules preventing access to that folder or have 3rd party SEF extensions, then that could be the reason that it fails. Or the folder/files have wrong access permissions. It needs to be 644 for folders and 755 for files.

More
11 Jan 2015 22:05 #5027 by Bibbi Bryld
Not good! After chanching the file permission to 644 and 755 the site has crashed with a 403 error - both in frontend and backend, and nothing seems to help solving it!

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds