Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Mobile Streaming Error

More
01 Jul 2014 17:40 #4688 by Thomas Hunziker

Corey Bishop wrote: But I've hit HTML5 player and the sermons on the iOS device are downloaded, not played in the browser.

I think the mobile will download the file if it can't be played natively. This may depend on the file extension and to my knowledge there isn't yet a single filetype yet which is supported by all major browsers.

Given that we are talking about mobiles, it may well be also a connection which is resetted or something. This may be done by the device or by the provider or due to changing mobile cells or whatever.
Regarding the size, you could test if the same happens with smaller files as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 18:16 #4689 by Andrei Chernyshev
I've searched on forums and it sound like it might be a built in audio player that is running on 4S to IOS 6. some people complain that their podcast and local files are not playing either. forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1455885

More
01 Jul 2014 18:38 #4690 by Corey Bishop
Replied by Corey Bishop on topic Mobile Streaming Error

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: I've searched on forums and it sound like it might be a built in audio player that is running on 4S to IOS 6. some people complain that their podcast and local files are not playing either. forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1455885

Unfortunately this is coming from an iPad on iOS 7

More
02 Jul 2014 20:48 #4691 by Corey Bishop
So does size of the audio appear to be the problem?

More
02 Jul 2014 21:39 #4692 by Andrei Chernyshev
Can you try and host the same file on another server and see if you get same results, that way you can rule out server network.

More
02 Jul 2014 21:49 #4694 by Corey Bishop

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: Can you try and host the same file on another server and see if you get same results, that way you can rule out server network.

We will test this out over the next few days. Thanks for the suggestion!

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds