Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Mobile Streaming Error

More
01 Jul 2014 04:21 #4682 by Corey Bishop
Hello,

We have a church website and use your player for our sermons. Everything runs great and seems fine on the website, but users have reported on the mobile phones after download that the sermons will play for up to 3 minutes, and then skip to start over. This was reported on the Joomla 1.5 SermonSpeaker, so we figured the sermon player must be outdated for these new smart phones and have ventured into the 3.2 era of the version for Sermon Speaker.

Today, we tested it out and it appears the sermons will play through after download on the Android but not on the iPad. Any ideas on what is going on? Not sure what to do..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 07:52 #4683 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Corey

I don't own an Apple device, so I can't test it myself. However to my knowledge the iPad doesn't support Flash. Thus the player will fall back to HTML5 and the native browser player. On mobiles this often means that the media isn't played within the browser but opened in a dedicated app for media playback.

Anyway, even on a desktop browser playing a sermon isn't really something which is controlled by Joomla or SermonSpeaker. Even the Flash player and especially the HTML5 one does directly access the file on the server (bypassing Joomla alltogether) and play it from there.

That means that the issues you see are related to either the mobile connection or the server. It may be that the connection times out or gets lost otherwise.

More
01 Jul 2014 13:40 #4684 by Corey Bishop
Replied by Corey Bishop on topic Mobile Streaming Error
Ok, right. But I've hit HTML5 player and the sermons on the iOS device are downloaded, not played in the browser. I can't think it to be a server problem if it plays fine on the desktop browser, though I don't know much any of this at all, so it could be. We really love your sermon player and would prefer to keep it and not use Sermon Audio.

I know there's not much information here, but do you (or anyone else)have any suggestions on a fix for this? Your extension is an amazing one after using it for over 4 years now.

More
01 Jul 2014 14:40 #4685 by Andrei Chernyshev
How long is the sermon and how big is the video file? I've heard that on some mobile devices to play videos that are over 10 minutes you have to do some tweaking to make them play, other wise they are doing some funky stuff. I know apple will pull any apps that have videos that are not in mobile standard or too big.

More
01 Jul 2014 14:45 #4686 by Corey Bishop
The audio sermons are around 10 MB - 20 MB I believe. You think size mightbe making it do some weird stuff? That would make sense for the Apple problem, as Android didn't appear to do this when we tried it last night..

More
01 Jul 2014 15:14 #4687 by Corey Bishop
Actually, these sermons are 30 - 45 MB each now..

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds