Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

"Download Audio" on Single Sermon view

More
17 Jul 2014 07:47 #4732 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Larry

The reason here is actually quite simple. When the files are hosted externally (like on AmazonS3), SermonSpeaker just links to the file directly. From there it's up to the browser what it will do with the file.

Usually, browsers prompt a download box for such files. Unless they know what to do with them. That's abviously the case for HTML files, and also for mp3 files since most browsers can play those natively.

The player you see is the native browser player, also known as HTML5 player. Also the right click options are provided by the browser. SermonSpeaker only generates the link.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can change here. If the files are stored on the same server, then the server can read them and force the browser to download them. But doing that for extern servers is quite tricky and not good performance. And it may not work on all servers anyway.

What you can do is adjust the language strings or the layout to include a notice for the user. Like telling in the tooltip that they should rightclick and download.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2014 20:53 #4791 by Ben Russell
Hey Thomas, I installed a particular plugin that lets me choose between "Asynchronous" and "Universal" Google analytics. I don't really know the difference but I noticed that Sermonspeaker's download button only works when I use "Asynchronous" analytics.

It doesn't matter either way to me, but it could be another product feature for sermonspeaker.

Thanks for the awesome Component!

Ben

More
25 Aug 2014 21:05 #4792 by Thomas Hunziker
That's the funny thing with Google, Facebook and company. They change their APIs faster than I can keep track of them.
The asynchronous was was the "new" way back when I introduced it. Now it seems to be the old way already :)

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds