Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

"Download Audio" on Single Sermon view

More
20 Mar 2014 07:46 #4441 by Iain Lober
When I click on the "Download Audio" button nothing seems to happen. I'm using the "All in a row" layout. The player works from the page OK.

We are using Amazon S3 to hold our sermons. A link to a sample page is khyvwxqx.molehill.com.au/sta-media/all-s...9-all-for-the-gospel (Note that this is a development area where we are getting ready to go live with a new web site.)

And can I say we've been using SermonSpeaker for a number of years and really appreciate it.

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2014 08:08 #4442 by Thomas Hunziker
You have "Google Analytics" support enabled in the SermonSpeaker options, but you don't have Google Analytics set up on your site. This makes the download button fail because of an undefined JavaScript variable.

You can use one of the many extension found in JED to add Google Analytics to your site: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...alytics-google-based

More
20 Mar 2014 08:23 #4443 by Iain Lober
That was a fast reply! That seems to work. Thanks.

More
17 Jul 2014 01:32 #4729 by Larry Reeder
We have been contemplating where to store our sermons and are giving Amazon S3 a run. This works great for playing the sermons and we're good with that.

Some of our folks like to download the sermon, so we have made that available. The download button works, however, it begins to play the sermon in the same window as the sermon link is listed and it's not obvious that you can right click on that player to select "Save video as", yep, "video"... we don't have any videos. The file is an mp3 so we're kind of confused as to how this is happening. It does allow the saving of the mp3, so we can instruct them, but we would like a new tab or window to open if possible.

So, two issues:
1) opens a new and different (not JW) player with the JW Player already open
2) not obvious how to download the audio file

Really appreciate Sermon Speaker and all the help.

The sermon page on our site is: cbc.calvarytoday.org/sermons

More
17 Jul 2014 01:45 #4730 by Larry Reeder
Not to confuse things, but I am seeing different behavior in Chrome vs Firefox vs IE11. I can outline what I'm seeing but it's very strange.

More
17 Jul 2014 06:31 #4731 by Larry Reeder
Still talking about Amazon S3:
IE11 - clicking Download opens Windows Media Player.
FireFox - in same browser window as the Sermons list, a completely different player starts playing right away. When you right-click on the player, you can see "Save audio as"
Chrome - in same browser window as the Sermons list, a completely different player starts playing right away. When you right-click on the player, you can see "Save video as"

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds