Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon links to homepage instead of sermon

More
20 May 2011 14:37 #612 by Anna
Sorry, I'm new to Joomla. I don't think I've done anything with new plugins. I'm using Sermon Speaker 3.4.3. This is the only extension I have downloaded.

The ID number I see on my screen is 10001. In the sermon number field, I used number 1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2011 15:21 #613 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, this looks very strange.
Maybe try reinstalling SermonSpeaker first. Just install it over the existing installation. This will make sure all files are in place in case something went wrong on install.

If that doesn't work, something is probably wrong with your Joomla installation. Did you install it yourself or did your hoster do it for you? Do the server settings match the recommended settings for Joomla? See this: docs.joomla.org/Help15:Screen.system.info.15 for help with the settings.

Maybe ask your hoster if they see something in the error logfiles which can point us somewhere.

More
20 May 2011 16:14 - 20 May 2011 16:19 #614 by Anna
1. I reinstalled SermonSpeaker and the sermons continue to link to the item9.

2. I used Simple Scripts to download Joomla. I checked the settings. These are settings that are different in the PHP settings:
Safe Mode: Off
Magic Quotes: off
Register Globals: On
Session Auto Start: 0
I print screened all the settings in the attached document.

File Attachment:

File Name: JoomlaSettings.pdf
File Size:1,096 KB

3. I contacted technical support and they said everything looked fine. They said to "Please check the website again after clearing the browser cache and cookies and let us know."
I clicked Tools and then Clean Cache. Mod_search and Mod_newsflash came up. I didn't delete them.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 May 2011 16:19 by Anna.

More
20 May 2011 18:50 #615 by Thomas Hunziker
There are two things which are not that optimal, but I don't know if this could cause the issue. Actually I think both should not cause this.

One is "Register Globals" which is *on*. For security purposes this should be *off*.
The other thing is that your PHP version is way outdated. 4.4.9 was released at 7th august 2008 (!). Actual release would be 5.3.6. While it is not essential to have the latest release, a 5.x should be standard nowadays.
You could ask your hoster if it's possible to upgrade PHP and turn register globals off.

If you want, I could also have a look at your site. But I would need access to you Joomla backend and maybe also FTP access to your server. The I could check some things in the code and dump some variables to see where the data gets lost. But you shouldn't trust foreign people :-)
You would have to send me the access data to bakual@bakual.ch

More
22 May 2011 02:33 #616 by Anna
The problem is fixed. I asked our host to upgrade PHP and turn register globals off. I then reinstalled SermonSpeaker and everything worked.

Thank you so much for all your help.

More
22 May 2011 06:07 #617 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for the feedback :-)

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds