Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon dropdown box no longer shows sermons

• Sean Dickinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Aug 2011 08:05 #832 by Sean Dickinson
Replied by Sean Dickinson on topic Re: Sermon dropdown box no longer shows sermons
Hi
Is it possible to set the path to an external filestore accessed by a url? I tried it but it appended it to alocal path and gave an error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2011 17:02 #834 by Thomas Hunziker
No, the path has to be local, relative to the Joomla root.

The next release of SermonSpeaker will have an option to use either Amazon S3 service or any other extern server (needs a small script on that server). Some functions will however not work with extern servers, because the server doesn't have direct access to the files.
I'll probably release that soon.

• Sean Dickinson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Aug 2011 19:41 #839 by Sean Dickinson
Replied by Sean Dickinson on topic Re: Sermon dropdown box no longer shows sermons
Thanks Thomas - yes it is Amazon S3 we are using to store the sermons so the next release sounds good - thanks again for your help.

More
15 Aug 2011 06:43 #858 by Ryan Faircloth
Sermon speaker is great I hope you will re consider sub folders under the sermon files. We have hundreds of files having to sort through without sub folders is a big pain for the audio guys.

More
15 Aug 2011 08:14 #860 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, we start to have to many as well in our church. So you can be sure that I'll considering it.

I saw that Joomla 1.6/7 has a new media formfield which basically loads the mediamanager in a modal window. By default it's restricted to pictures but I'll see if I can make any use of this. That would be the most simplest way I think. It would even allow to upload files! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Rolinger

More
15 Aug 2011 15:07 #862 by Ryan Faircloth
The current Phoca download and Phoca Gallery components have a great upload window implementation. It would be a great one to funcationaly copy

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds