Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon dropdown box no longer shows sermons

More
19 May 2011 10:43 #602 by Darren Dunn
Under Sermons Manager of SermonSpeaker 4.0 the sermon path was originally showing my uploaded sermons in the dropdown box. Now, all of a sudden, it will not find them. I have to go through the old way and put in the entire path which then works fine. Do you have any idea why this has happened? I assume I have broken something?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2011 11:02 #603 by Thomas Hunziker
The dropdown field is based on the setting "sermon path" in the SermonSpeaker settings. Make sure the folder set there is the correct one. SermonSpeaker will look for any files in this folder and list them in the dropdown.

More
19 May 2011 12:10 #604 by Darren Dunn
Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the prompt answer. I can only find Options (not SermonSpeaker settings)under the SermonSpeaker component and cannot find a setting for 'sermon path' anywhere under here. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

More
19 May 2011 12:57 #605 by Thomas Hunziker
Aye it's "options". I use a german installation so I'm usually writing and translationg from memory ;)
In SermonSpeaker 4.1 the setting is under the tab "File Paths" -> "Path to sermons". In SermonSpeaker 4.0 the location is different but the setting itself should be named similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren Dunn

More
30 May 2011 02:29 #643 by Craig Rolinger
I am using 4.1 and the dropdown box no longer functions. I have the path correct in settings to the main sermons folder (outside of the SermonSpeaker component). I know in the previous version it listed messages from all subfolders. Am I missing something? Do I have to list each subfolder?

Thanks for the great program.

More
30 May 2011 19:20 #644 by Thomas Hunziker
The dropdown box in 4.1 only lists the files in a given folder, not in the subdirectories. This has changed from previous versions indeed.
The reason is that I switched the field to a Joomla standard file field, which doesn't recursive search through the folders. It makes the code easier and faster and also the list smaller :-)

So change the path setting to the actual folder you need and it should populate.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds