Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

embeded player

More
12 Apr 2011 02:06 #469 by Luis Ayuso
Replied by Luis Ayuso on topic Re: embeded player
Seems to have been fixed.

Possible bug:
I had sermonspeaker listed as having HOME as the parent item in the menu. This caused sermonspeaker to show on the homepage at times... it was strange, I was tired of having it that way so I seperated it and made it its own tab on the page and this seems to have fixed it.

WOOT!

guys just want to say thank you for all the help and speedy support you provide. not only is sermonspeaker's backend easier and nicer than the bible study component, but you provide awesome support. thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2011 05:34 #470 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: embeded player
This would be a Joomla bug. SermonSpeaker only shows if Joomla calls it, there is no other way ;)

I'm glad you could solve the issue, and always happy to help ;)

More
14 Aug 2011 06:41 #856 by Eric Davis
Replied by Eric Davis on topic Re: embeded player
I know I am late for this topic but I am also new to it as I just downloaded the Joomla 1.6 version of it. My problem is the opposite. I can play the alternative player but can't get the jwplayer to work. I've turn it on, off, autoplay, no alternative and everythign I can think of but when I click on a sermon it get nothing unless I click the popup player or dowload buttons. I also had not problem installing it on joomla 1.5 and even got my itunes thing setup and publishing. But can't get any wind in the sails on this one. Any help is gladly accepted.

More
14 Aug 2011 08:28 #857 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you have an URL where I could have a look? What exactly does it show instead of the JW Player?

Autoplay or not should not have an influence at all. All that's needed is the "alternative player" set to no and in the columns section the player should be enabled for the view.

You could also try to reinstall the component over the existing one. Just in case something went wrong during first install.

What version of Joomla are you using? And which version of PHP?

More
16 Aug 2011 20:45 #877 by Eric Davis
Replied by Eric Davis on topic Re: embeded player
For some reason my response for the above response didn't take. So here goes again. I have a live version of sermon speaker running on one site which is Joomla 1.5. However on my test 1.6 site I can't get it to play. So maybe I should ask this question. When I click on a sermon to be played and it takes me to the profile window for that sermon, there two buttons under the Speaker's information. One is "Popup Player" and the other is "Download". Should I understand that automatic play occures after I click the "Popup" button or does it happen when I click on the sermon in the list on the main page? I ask theis because once I have selected a sermon on the main page and it takes me to the page with that information on it I don't hear anything playing until I pres the "popup" button. My sermon title is still a link but pressing it on the secon page does nothing at all.

I did reinstall the sermon package as outlined on this site but I have the same issue. Thanks for any help anyone can provide

More
16 Aug 2011 21:31 #878 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm... maybe have a look at the options in the SermonSpeaker Backend and look at the "columns" tab. There you can check what you want to show for a specific view. By default only the "must-have" is showing. You want to show the player at least on the single sermon view.

Hopefully that will solve your issue and answer your questions :-)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds