Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

embeded player

More
11 Apr 2011 06:36 - 11 Apr 2011 06:41 #463 by Luis Ayuso
embeded player was created by Luis Ayuso
tried to get this to work on multiple computers, and browsers... but i have selected to make the player show in single sermon and archives, and once I go to the page after clicking on the sermon in the total sermon list, it just gives me this:

"Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on"

Now chrome can play mp4 files, so im not worried there, but where is my embedded video?
Last edit: 11 Apr 2011 06:41 by Luis Ayuso.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2011 06:53 #464 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: embeded player
Do you have a URL where I could have a look at it?

Does it show in other browsers?

Basically SermonSpeaker uses "JW Player" as the default Flash player. It should fallback to HTML5 if Flash isn't installed and fallback further to a download version if the browser doesn't support the filetype. Javascript needs to be enabled in any case, or it wont work.

More
11 Apr 2011 14:22 #465 by Luis Ayuso
Replied by Luis Ayuso on topic Re: embeded player
kresstest.luisayuso.net/index.php/en/com...eaker/sermon/1-test2

Im using chrome, opera, firefox, and safari. none of them play this mp4 file embedded, but when you clock the title for the direct link to file, it plays it in the browser.

More
11 Apr 2011 14:24 #466 by Andrei Chernyshev
you have double // in the URL. see below kresstest.luisayuso.net//images/oceansclip.mp4 "
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ayuso

More
11 Apr 2011 15:28 #467 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: embeded player
What Andrei said is true, but I'm not sure if it's the reason for the error. You can try changing the path settings so they don't start with a '/'. It will be added with the Joomla root URL automatically.
After you fixed the path setting, you would have to save the sermon again so the path gets updated in the database.

I also think you enabled the "Alternative Player". This one only supports mp3 files, no video files at all. It may be a bug in SermonSpeaker 4.0 to not catch this. I think SermonSpeaker 4.1 will have this fixed and have always the JW Player if the file is not mp3. You could try disabling this option and see if it fixes the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ayuso

More
11 Apr 2011 21:59 #468 by Luis Ayuso
Replied by Luis Ayuso on topic Re: embeded player
I have disabled the alternative player, and it still won't take the "//" out. since this is a test page for the one i will take live, the default "images" folder hasn't been touched in the settings.

Everything is default.

I don't understand why its acting like this. sermonspeaker 3 was dead easy to setup and the only hiccup i ever had was with spaces in the titles.

in what areas would you take out the double slashes?

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds