Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migrating and getting error on front end

More
17 Jun 2014 02:10 #4658 by natedog
Ok, that fixed it.

But, I must have messed something up because now when I go into the options for sermon speaker everything is in one long list without any save, or close links.

Any thoughts of how to fix that?

Also, it looks like none of the recent sermons are showing up on the front end of the site. even when I sort by year. The only way I was able to get them to show up was to resave the articles and then they would start appearing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2014 07:35 #4659 by Thomas Hunziker
Try turning on error reporting in your global configuration. To test, set it to "development". I'm quite sure it will show an error then somewhere in the options. It may well be related to another missing database column.

The sermons which aren't showing up are likely to due missing or corrupt categories. Try using the batch function in the sermons list to assign a category to each sermon. And do the same for series and speakers as well.

More
18 Jun 2014 05:51 #4660 by natedog
ok, I've got Sermon Speaker 4.5.4 working fine on joomla 3.3.1 even all the sermons are showing up on the front end.
When I upgrade Sermon Speaker to the latest version, or any version later than 4.5.4 It screws up the Options of sermon speaker. I tried turning on the error reporting but it wouldn't even show that when I went to the options.

Any thoughts?

More
18 Jun 2014 07:45 #4661 by Thomas Hunziker
Check the sourcecode of the page when you go into options. Sometimes the errors are hidden because no correct HTML document is generated.
Sometimes (depending on server setting) the errors don't show at all and are only logged into the server error log. Then you need to check that.

Likely, it's still an issue with the database somehow. Can you verify your database structure looks correct now?

More
20 Jun 2014 03:18 #4666 by natedog
It looks like my Sermon_Speakers section has a lot more than what was in the example you linked me to.
here is what mine has:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `j33_sermon_speakers`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `j33_sermon_speakers` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`name` text NOT NULL,
`website` text,
`intro` text,
`bio` longtext,
`pic` text,
`state` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`ordering` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`hits` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`created_by` int(11) NOT NULL,
`created` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`catid` int(11) NOT NULL,
`alias` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`metakey` text NOT NULL,
`metadesc` text NOT NULL,
`home` tinyint(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`checked_out` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`checked_out_time` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`language` char(7) NOT NULL DEFAULT '*',
`modified` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`modified_by` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=10022 ;

Thoughts of what I should do with this?

More
20 Jun 2014 08:06 #4667 by Thomas Hunziker
This one looks the same as it should be. It's just in a different order but that doesn't matter at all.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds