Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migrating and getting error on front end

More
07 Jun 2014 16:01 #4640 by natedog
Hey, I'm trying to upgrade from joomla 1.5 to 2.5 and in the backend everything looks good. On the front end though I get an error.

www.churchofthecrossum.org/jupgrade2/ind...nu-52/sermon-podcast

You can see the error there.

I used Jupgrade to get joomla to 2.5 and then followed the FAQ to migrate sermon speaker.

One thing though, because we have A LOT of sermons I didn't want to take the time to duplicate them to the temp upgrade folder, could this be the cause of the error?
I did try it with one sermon and pointing the menu item to just that single sermon and I still go the same error.

Please advise,
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2014 18:07 #4641 by Thomas Hunziker
The error message says that there are missing columns in the database.
This usually means that you didn't follow the FAQ close enough and thus the migration failed.

Easiest way is to just do the SermonSpeaker migration again from scratch, following the exact steps described in the FAQ. You can also contact me by email and I can do it for you.

Doing the migration in the final installation is fine. You don't need to do it in the temp upgrade folder.

One question however. Why are you not upgrading to Joomla 3.3? Joomla 2.5 will be end of life by the end of this year. You would face another upgrade by then.

More
07 Jun 2014 19:29 #4642 by natedog
Thanks for replying,
Yes I do want to upgrade to 3.3, and that was what I tried first and ran into issues there and though, well since it's new maybe there were some bugs. So i tried the 2.5 and then I could go to 3.3 from there. I figured getting it from 1.5 was the hardest part.

I can give it another go, but i've done it like 4 times now, twice with j3.3 and twice now with 2.5.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong with the database.
In the J1.5 database I have been selecting the 3 sermonspeaker tables, exporting them.
Then I do a search and replace on the tables to change jos_ to j25_ . Then I install sermons speaker on the new version of joomla. I import the database that I just changed to j25_ into the new joomla version via phpmyadmin. Then in the new joomla install sermon speaker again.

That sound right?

More
07 Jun 2014 20:56 #4643 by Thomas Hunziker
Sounds right, if you use the correct SermonSpeaker version. You should use SermonSpeaker 4.5.4 for the migration. Newer ones don't work.
After you installed it the second time, it should show a message that the migration was successful.
Then you can update to the latest version using the Joomla Extension Manager.

More
07 Jun 2014 21:06 #4644 by natedog
Yeah, I used 4.5.4.
Is there there a way to fix it the way it is?
I looked through the tables and I didn't see any audiofilesize columns. where is it looking? can't I just remove it? or some how fix it?

More
07 Jun 2014 21:20 #4645 by Thomas Hunziker
There is a file within the SermonSpeaker zipfile called migrate.sql. It looks like this: github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/Ser...nspeaker/migrate.sql

It contains all the needed SQL commands to migrate the old SermonSpeaker tables to the new ones.
It looks like (at least) the last two lines were not applied to your tables for whatever reasons.
You can try with applying the commands manually in phpMyAdmin. You just need to adjust the database prefix from "#__" to your "j25_" one.
This is what the migration step actually does :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: natedog

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds