Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Unable to add new sermons

More
22 Apr 2014 09:39 #4529 by Rocky Swartz
Hi Thomas
I have the following components/plugins/modules running:-
JCE Editor,
JSN_Imageshow, JSN_Poweradmin, JSN_Uniform,
K2,
NoNumber Modules Anywhere, NoNumber Articles Anywhere, NoNumber Better Preview, NoNumber Sliders, NoNumber Tabs, NoNumber Content Templater
SermonSpeaker
GMap
Kunena.

Can you also help me on the other issues:
Only one category appears under the root. I have selected "ALL" sub category levels in "SermonSpeaker Options", but can still only see one category. I have two categories (Morning, Evening) nested under "Sermon" as the root category.

I have also noted that there is no field to add tags to the sermons. Where do I do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2014 09:52 #4531 by Thomas Hunziker
The tags should work in backend. I don't remember right now if I implemented it in frontend.

I don't know the JSN stuff. Maybe one of it is responsible? I don't think the others are acting bad.

As for the category question, it's hard to say without having an URL to check. Maybe one is empty and you set it to show only categories with items?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocky Swartz

More
22 Apr 2014 10:17 #4533 by Rocky Swartz
WOW! That was quick.

I think I found the problem. For some reason, the plugin "Content-SermonSpeaker" was disabled. It now let me save.

The JSN components are part of the Joomlashine Template and have not caused the problem before.

I attach some screen shots of the options chosen, as well as the menu item chosen. I have a feeling that my problem lies in the way I have structured my categories:-
Sermons (root)
- Sunday Morning (sub)
- Sunday Evening(sub)
- Celebration Services (sub)

This means that under my menu configuration I can only choose one sub item.

On the Tags issue, I have found where to input the tags, but how do I filter on them?

More
22 Apr 2014 10:24 #4535 by Thomas Hunziker
If you select the "Sermons" category in the menu item, then it should show all three subcategories. If you have the options set right (you missed to attach the screenshots *g*)

Tags in SermonSpeaker 4.x are not very useful. With Joomla 3.1 (I think) and SermonSpeaker 5.x it will use the Joomla native tags and there you can use the core modules and tags component to do all sort of filtering.

More
22 Apr 2014 11:31 #4540 by Rocky Swartz
Apologies.

Herewith attachment.

Will look at upgrading to Joomla! 3.x in the near future.
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2014 12:07 #4543 by Thomas Hunziker

This ist he Menu ItemCreated ‐ Note, it only allows me to choose one category.  

In the menu item, you choose the parent category or root. Don't remember what it was in SermonSpeaker 4.x :)

Upgrading to Joomla 3.x sure is a good plan. It's so much better than 2.5 :)

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds