Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Unable to add new sermons

More
21 Apr 2014 17:44 #4507 by Rocky Swartz
I am running Joomla! 2.5.19, PHP 5.4.18 ,SermonSpeaker 4.5.8 and Joomlashine jsn_solid_pro template.
Development currently on Localhost.

I have successfully added speaker, categories, series, tags and one sermon.
My sermon files are pre-loaded in a root/sermon/*.mp3.

When I add a new sermon and press save /save & close / save & new, it starts saving and then freezes on a blank screen. To exit, I have to press the close button. It then returns to my input screen.

If I press any of the save options, I get two errors (not at the same time) "you are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page (#5)" and "Save failed with the following error: this alias is already used by another item"

I have checked privileges - currently super user with maximum privileges. Also tried different alias, with no success.

On closing the form, I can see all of the new sermons in the back-end, but nothing on the front-end.

I have attached a file with a few screen prints

I would appreciate your assistance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2014 17:57 #4508 by Andrei Chernyshev
Hi Rocky, I've noticed this happens sometimes with IE. Try using another browser, it seems to solve the issue.

More
21 Apr 2014 18:27 #4510 by Thomas Hunziker
Generally speaking:
  • Blank screens usually are generated by a PHP error. Enable error reporting in the global Joomla config and you should see an error message. Or check the apache error log
  • The error which says "you are not permitted..." usually comes from using the back button on your browser. Joomla has some security checks when dealing with forms. Accessing a form directly without going properly clicking an edit link usually gets you this error
  • The error with alias means that the alias you wanted to assign to the sermon already exists. This has to be unique.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocky Swartz

More
21 Apr 2014 20:28 #4512 by Rocky Swartz
Thank you for the quick response.

My error reporting is enabled. Can't see anything there.
You are right about the back button being used. But it is the only way to return to the system. I have restarted apache, etc. closed Firefox and still have the same problem. Also have the problem on front-end upload. Not sure where to go to next.
I have found the answer to the problem of only certain items appearing. Only one category appears under the root. I have selected "ALL" sub category levels in "SermonSpeaker Options", but can still only see one category. I have two categories (Morning, Evening) nested under "Sermon" as the root category.

I have also noted that there is no field to add tags to the sermons.

More
21 Apr 2014 20:29 #4513 by Rocky Swartz
Thank you Andrei. I am using Firefox in this instance.

More
21 Apr 2014 20:50 #4515 by Thomas Hunziker
Does it behave the same in backend and frontend?
Do you have some special plugins active which could produce this error?

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds