Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

More
06 Oct 2013 12:04 #3926 by chris
Replied by chris on topic Loading
I really like this program but getting it to work
I have godaddy so if I upload them there how do u get a link back to Joomla of the mp3?

Is this the FTP u talking about in godaddy it has one
Or is there a different way of importing

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2013 15:35 #3927 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Loading
So, got some time now to answer your questions and explain some things B)

First: SermonSpeaker is a PHP application like Joomla which makes use of the PHP interpreter on your (godaddy) server. The error you see during uploading a file comes from the server itself. It most likely means that the file is bigger than the allowed maximum file size. This is a setting made by godaddy in their server configuration, in a file named php.ini. On some server you can adjust this file yourself, on others you need to contact the hoster so he can change it for you. You can see the current value in the Joomla backend when you go to Site -> Systeminformations -> PHP-Informations. There you see a big list of settings. Search for "upload_max_filesize" and you probably got the reason for your problem found. Often it is set to 2M or 8M which means you can only upload files this big.

If that is the case you have multiple ways to solve it:
  • Ask godaddy to raise this limit so you can upload your files using SermonSpeaker
  • Try to make your files smaller. 70MB is quite big for an audio file. MP3 allows a lot of settings to make files smaller. As an example you most likely don't need to record a speech in stereo. And also look at bitrate.
  • Use FTP to upload the file and then select it when you create the sermon in SermonSpeaker. You can use a program like FileZilla ( filezilla-project.org/ ) to do that. If you upload the files to the path specified in your SermonSpeaker settings ('images' by default, but 'images/sermons' may be a good place as well), then SermonSpeaker will discover the files and you can select them from the dropdown list in the sermon creation form.

Feedburner: You don't need that (but you can of course use it if you like). SermonSpeaker automatically creates a podcast feed from the sermons. You can use the SermonCast module to show a link to this feed on your page or you can create a menu item for it.

File Paths: This setting only tells SermonSpeaker where it should look for your files. By default it is set to 'images' but you can use any folder you like. It just has to be within the Joomla directory. I usually use something like 'images/sermons' here. SermonSpeaker will look in that directory for files and lists them in the sermon edit form. Note: It doesn't look into subfolders, except if you enable the date and/or language subfolder feature. Then it will look for a subfolder matching the (current or sermon) date (eg /2013/10) and the (current or sermon) language (eg /en).

" You are not authorised to view this resource": That usually means either something with the category settings is wrong or you did restrict the access to sermons and are not logged in.
Check that all series, speakers and sermons have a valid category assigned and try again.

Hope that helped a bit. If you have further questions just ask.

More
06 Oct 2013 22:26 #3928 by chris
Replied by chris on topic Uploading Sermon
First off the bat this is a great program.

I can upload a 4min mp3 I tried a 40min and it comes back to tell me an "error occurred" in a red box.

I read something

" Joomla 2.5 this can be done under "Site" -> "System Information" -> "PHP Information".

post_max_size
upload_max_filesize"

Where is this so I can change it? I found site but gives no system info.

I have joomla 2.5 I changed the file increase in MEDIA MANAGER but nothing seems to work is there a limit of increase?

If I can get this resolved be on my way

Thanks

More
07 Oct 2013 08:25 #3930 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Uploading Sermon
Please keep the discussion in one topic and don't open new threads for the same problem. I read them, but sometime I have to sleep as well :)

Since you can upload a small file (4min) but not a big one (40min) it is certainly related to the server settings.
Check the values for 'post_max_size' and 'upload_max_filesize' in the place already mentioned. You can't change it there, but it will show you the active value.
Most likely you can't change that setting yourself. You need to contact your hoster godaddy for that like I already explained multiple times.

Increasing the limit in the Media Manager will not help you anything. You can set it to 1 Gigabyte there, but if the server is blocking files bigger than 2 Megabytes it will never work. Joomla can do a lot, but it can not change the server settings.

So either contact your hoster to raise the limit, make your files smaller so the fit the limit or use an FTP program to upload the files. There is no other option. Really.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds