Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend Upload limited to 2M

More
03 Sep 2013 21:33 #3834 by warmbrod
We have upgraded to Joomla 2.5.14 and SermonSpeaker 4.5.6 Everything seems to work fine except for the Frontend Upload which says that it is limited to 2M by PHP settings. According to the Joomla status I have

upload_max_filesize = 50M
post_max_size = 50M
memory_limit = 50M

which per another post I added a PHP.ini to the administrator folder but I still get the same results. I can upload a file less than 2M but not greater than with SermonSpeaker. I can upload with JCE file browser or Media Manger but we would like for the SermonUploaders to be able to use the Frontend like they did in the previous version.

Thanks Bruce

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2013 21:51 #3835 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker only reads the PHP Settings 'post_max_size' and 'upload_max_filesize' and shows the lower of the two. There are no further checks made and there is no blocking done from SermonSpeaker itself. It's just an information.

You can have different settings for backend and frontend, depending on the php.ini files. If you have 50M in the backend, that doesn't mean you also have 50M in the frontend.

Check your PHP settings for those two settings and raise them as needed.

More
04 Sep 2013 22:10 #3836 by warmbrod
According to Joomla's admin console - System Information - PHP information tab I have those parameters set to 50M which are the default values set by my provider.

From Joomla:

memory_limit 50M 50M

post_max_size 50M 50M

upload_max_filesize 50M 50M

Yet your frontend still says "2M by your PHP settings".

Could it be you are looking at the PHP.ini file rather than the Joomla settings? The PHP.ini file is read only by the provider so we cannot re-add the post/uploads. If we use the administrator login screen we can upload anything up to 50M

More
04 Sep 2013 22:28 #3837 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker reads the currently active setting by using a native PHP function. If you can't upload big files, then the server is blocking it. Neither Joomla nor SermonSpeaker does this. You have somehow set this to 2M in your server configuration for the Joomla root directory. If you can't solve it yourself you may have to ask your hoster for help.

More
05 Sep 2013 18:08 #3838 by warmbrod
I suspect your PHP function is just reading the PHP.ini file and not the PHP settings.

Unfortunately, many providers (1and1 is who we use) set the parameters outside of the ini file and do not allow us to modify it (after all it is 50M). Joomla read those correctly and the JCE browser allows us 50M. MediaManger (front-end and back-end) has a setting in their options which can be any number up to the PHP max which in our case is 50M (We limit authors and front-end to 10M for MediaManager). I suggest you read the system PHP setting rather than use a routine that only reads the PHP.ini file.

More
05 Sep 2013 18:40 #3839 by Thomas Hunziker
Just some quick question: Can you upload large files within SermonSpeaker frontend and backend? And what does SermonSpeaker show a limits in your backend?

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds